• boat-crash-exterior-0223.jpg
    boat-crash-exterior-0223.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 0
  • boat-crash-building-0223.jpg
    boat-crash-building-0223.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 0

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Too bad he didn't have his brain engaged. Lost in fog and running 40-50 MPH. Fortunately no Darwin nominations.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Don't forget the cockpit full of empty bud cans. Been in the news down here almost every hour. Right now the concern is removing the boat causing the roof to collapse since the boat knocked out supporting structure

Chad Flaugher

Petty Officer 1st Class
What the... How n the... where... :frusty: Sheez man, Go directly to jail.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Don't forget the cockpit full of empty bud cans. Been in the news down here almost every hour. Right now the concern is removing the boat causing the roof to collapse since the boat knocked out supporting structure

Well, that explains it. A necessary beer run! :facepalm:

Tnstratofam

Commander
Maybe he was thirsty, and was thinking it was a MceeDees drive through.:noidea:

"Can I get a refill? I, seem to have run out of frosty adult beverage!":biggrin-new::very_drunk::upset:

southkogs

Staff member
There's 1,200 horsepower on that thing ... he coulda' sneezed while holding the throttle in-shore and pulled that off! Yikes.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
yeah we've been talking about this for a couple days on my other forum and have concluded he is not too bright....

64osby

Admiral
Money can't buy brains.

At least it said alcohol was not a factor.

milehighjc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Wow, lucky he didnt kill someone in the restaurant, I would say he was a candidate for a Darwin award, but he survived.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Wow, I hate when that happens. It is funny to see a 1200 HP boat sitting next to all those kayaks.

Worst I ever did was hit a small island in my speedboat. In my defense, it was night, the island was only 4" above the surface of the water, and I had the lights of the bridge lined up in front of me. I just didn't realize the island had gotten in my way.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
What? There's another forum on the internet?

and even more odd, it is another boat forum....

We not really much about boats we all pretty much got kicked off THT a few years back during a transition and someone already had a site set up as a joke so we just migrated over there and now it is just a bunch of friends talking. Only about 30 active folks but we are very, very tight. In fact, next weekend wife and I are off to FL to spread ashes of a dear friend I would never have known without the internet and its boat forums.

And to tie it all together - I will be renting a car from FLL to drive to Destin for a work meeting the following week and spending the night with an boat internet friend about 8 miles from where this happened who was the one that posted this on the other forum.

Alumarine

Captain
and even more odd, it is another boat forum....

We not really much about boats we all pretty much got kicked off THT a few years back during a transition and someone already had a site set up as a joke so we just migrated over there and now it is just a bunch of friends talking. Only about 30 active folks but we are very, very tight. In fact, next weekend wife and I are off to FL to spread ashes of a dear friend I would never have known without the internet and its boat forums.

And to tie it all together - I will be renting a car from FLL to drive to Destin for a work meeting the following week and spending the night with an boat internet friend about 8 miles from where this happened who was the one that posted this on the other forum.

Cool, gotta love good people with common interests whatever they are.

V153

Lieutenant Commander
There's 1,200 horsepower on that thing ... he coulda' sneezed while holding the throttle in-shore and pulled that off! Yikes.
With that kinda HP I think he shoulda least tried backing off ...?