Older Starcraft

NH Pete

Cadet
Can anyone help me identify this older Starcraft. Sorry this is the only picture I have.

LastDollar

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Yeph I got one just like it.. In about 2 years I'll be able to check the id plate :laugh:

NH Pete

Cadet
Seriously, trying to figure the year and model. It's a freebie with no motor. I just have to get it out of the snow bank.

I would say a late 70s Holiday from the hockey stick paint and bow but I am sure somone will be along to give exact model year and engine rating.

LastDollar

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Seriously, trying to figure the year and model. It's a freebie with no motor. I just have to get it out of the snow bank.

Sorry didn't mean to make light of your post,
Do you have any information? If you have the length it would be a help. Just for visual comparison my boat in the photos is a 21'.7" mid 60's boat

Tnstratofam

Commander
That's going to be difficult to ID covered in snow. Could be a Holiday or an SS. Year is up in the air as well. With the HIN number we could tell the year.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Limited edition Starcraft Snow Barge?

Length would help, might have a bow cover over an open bow SS, but I doubt it. Likely a Holiday, year and actual length unknown.

Like I said in your First Post topic, look thru the Starcraft forum, there's even a brochure list that you can look thru to try and ID it, but w/out more info, actual year and model will be difficult.

It's FREE, who cares what year and model. You need a trailer to move it, you'll need to know length to know how big a trailer, boat trailer or not.

If you don't want whatever size boat or model it ends up, sell the hull.

I would make sure you know what NH requires to register and or title it if it doesn't have valid paperwork. THAT would be more important to me then which model it is.

BTW: Free is often the most expensive boat you can get to rehab, but w/ tin boats, that isn't really true.

NH Pete

Cadet
Thanks for all the replies, I think it's an 18 foot boat with a closed in bow.
It's on a trailer so I just need to move some snow to get it out

LastDollar, no worries, thanks for the link.

I've owned many old boats over the years so I guess I know what to expect.... Lot of money!!! and maybe a nice fishing boat. I personally would rather bring back something than have a newer boat, that's why I'll tow it with my 1995 Suburban... LOL

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
I agree on the 18' Holiday. I had one with a 110 I/0 that later was updated to a 140 on later models. Something around the 125 or so OB ought to do you just fine especially since it is aluminum and light weight; might even go to a 150 to get into the v6 engines. However, my boat did 35 at WOT and that was a good speed. This boat is not a speed demon so unless you are going to load it up with 5-ish folks and want to pull a couple of skis, a 125 would be plenty of power.

Trailers can be found at marinas where some folks don't need their trailer any longer and sell it. Ask around.

The 18 Holiday is a really nice boat and takes big water just fine. Plenty of room in the cockpit.

Mark

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... What does it's Paperwork say it is,..??

Without Paperwork, it's scrap aluminum,.....

NH Pete

Cadet
I agree on the 18' Holiday. I had one with a 110 I/0 that later was updated to a 140 on later models. Something around the 125 or so OB ought to do you just fine especially since it is aluminum and light weight; might even go to a 150 to get into the v6 engines. However, my boat did 35 at WOT and that was a good speed. This boat is not a speed demon so unless you are going to load it up with 5-ish folks and want to pull a couple of skis, a 125 would be plenty of power.

Trailers can be found at marinas where some folks don't need their trailer any longer and sell it. Ask around.

The 18 Holiday is a really nice boat and takes big water just fine. Plenty of room in the cockpit.

Mark

Hi Mark, thanks for the reply, I was thinking at least a 90 but will probable look for something bigger.

Used to have early 70s aluminum Mirocraft 18 foot center console which had 115 HP Evinrude and that boat went real well even against the tide in Great Bay which has one of the stongest currents in the world

64osby

Admiral
I say Holiday.

If you didn't need the trailer you could just slide it home.:D

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
:welcome: to the iboats forum Pete!

That is an awesome deal on any Starcraft boat.. FREE!

I sure hope you stop by the SC forum and start up a thread on her when you get the ole gal dislodged from the icy tomb. I would say that she's an 18' Holiday early 80's maybe... 70's were all about earth tones of brown and avocado :lol: the snow heap on the bow shows me it must be covered and not a bow rider SS.

NH Pete

Cadet
Thanks for all the replies and welcoming me to the board. I think its a 1979 Holiday because of the blue on grey paint.
I'm no stranger to old boats but new here, found this site researching info for a 1954 Johnson Seahorse CD-11 5 1/2 HP motor trying to bring back to life.

Last edited:

NH Pete

Cadet
Have you been able to get her home?

Not yet, heading to Arizona for a well deserved vacation.
Hope to get her out of that snowbank when I get home. You can't see it in the picture but there's a huge snowbank from the plow truck where I need to pull it up onto the driveway, must be close to six feet tall!!!
Praying for warm weather......