First post

NH Pete

Cadet
Hello everyone, my first post here and was looking for some help identifying an older aluminum Starcraft boat but can't upload a picture.
I think it's an 18 foot built in the 70s
If someone could help with how to upload a picture I'll post it
Thanks

Jigginglow

Petty Officer 2nd Class
From a sticky on the forums, however there are other ways as well. Good luck and welcome aboard!

Here's what you do...

You have an email address. You needed one to sign up for this site, so you have one.

Go to www.photobucket.com and register. It's free. You'll get a confirmation in your email and just follow whatever directions it gives you.

After registering, go to the site, log in, and hit the green rectangle at the top of the page that says "upload".

Another big green bar will pop up that says "Select Photos and Videos". Click that.

A little box comes up that is basically a path to get to everything on your computer.

At the top, there are 4 pictures. One is an arrow pointing to the left, one is a file folder with an arrow on it, one is a file folder with a red circle on it, and the last one to the right is a box with blue on the top and 6 squares in it. Click that last one and select "thumbnails". This will allow you to see the images that are on your camera's memory card and make it easier to find your picture of your fish.

It's the same as attaching a picture. You most likely will select "My Computer" on the left hand side of the window that opened for you to find your picture. Click on whatever "Letter" is for your memory card for your camera that you have plugged into your computer. My computer actually shows a picture of my memory card. Yours may say something like "removable disk" or something. Click that.

Sometimes it says "DCIM" or something like that. Click that and then click whatever it shows next that will take you to your pictures. If you click something that doesn't take you to your pictures, just looks back up at the 4 little pictures that helped you get to the thumbnail photos of all of your files and click the big green arrow pointing to the left. This will take you back to the last screen. If it worked for you and you are looking at little images of all of your photos, then great! Continue with the directions.

Find you picture and select it and hit open. You may want to turn off your volume on your computer, as the site now plays an commercial while you upload your photo.

After the blue bar gets across the screen or at 99% or something, click "save and go to my album".

There you will see your picture. run the mouse over it, but you don't have to click on it. When the mouse arrow is on it, it will highlight the picture and a box will appear under the picture. There are 4 things in this box.

1: Email & IM
2: Direct Link
3: HTML code
4: IMG code

You want to click on #4 at the bottom. When you click the mouse on the writing in the rectangle next to the words "IMG code" which would look something like this:........ http://img.ph......... When you click on that writing, it will say "copied" in place of that writing.

Then go to your post and hold down the "control key" on your keyboard (Ctrl) that should be somewhere by the shift key. Hold down the (Ctrl) button and press the letter "V". This will paste the IMG code you copied from photobucket into your post. It will come up as a nice big picture for all to see.

If you don't want to do the "Ctrl key and V", you can always right click the mouse and hit "paste".

I hope this helps anyone who's tired of catching awesome fish and not really being able to show them off properly.

It may look like a lot now, but once you get the hang of it, it will be great and easy!

EDIT:

If you want to resize your picture, that's easy too.

When you have uploaded the picture into your album, click on the thumbnail. You will go to another page to view it full size. Drag the mouse arrow over the picture and a bunch of tabs will appear at the top of the picture. One says "resize". Drag the mouse over that and you can resize it to many different sizes, including 640x480

NH Pete

Cadet
Thanks, but why cant I use the attachment tab when I post to a thread, seems awful complicated.

NH Pete

Cadet
None of the above seems to work. I have resized the picture but every time I use the attachment tab it say upload failed. Any ideas??? Frustrating.

jbcurt00

Staff member
None of the above seems to work. I have resized the picture but every time I use the attachment tab it say upload failed. Any ideas??? Frustrating.

I don't use the attachment tab, I use photobucket. A recent software upgrade to vB5 forum software still impacts pix uploads. IMO it was never the best way to upload and post pix anyway, so I migrated away from using the attachment tab a long time ago.

By using photobucket, pix end up IN my posts where I want to put them in line w/ any relevant text:
00O0O_7F1ewQJ3g61_600x450_zpse86102df.jpg

The pix are nice an big and for me most importantly they don't have to be opened to be viewed and can quickly be viewed for reference when posting replies, esp looking back and forth between multiple pix quickly.

Might try posting the pix over in the Starcraft forum when you get a handle on posting pix. There's a great group of tin heads hanging out over there :tinfoil3:

Welcome to iboats

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
18' of that vintage, foredeck, windshield, I/O or OB doesn't matter = Holiday. Had a '65 I/O.