Generic, non-custom fit, enclosures? Bimini with sides?

KC8QVO

Petty Officer 1st Class
Are there any generic boat enclosures out there? I have seen the bimini/sun tops around. Are there any decent set ups like that which include sides?

Bondo

Staff member
Are there any generic boat enclosures out there? I have seen the bimini/sun tops around. Are there any decent set ups like that which include sides?

Ayuh,.... The sides is where all of 'em become "Custom",....

KC8QVO

Petty Officer 1st Class
With the multitude of bare aluminum utility boats out there I figured there would be some manufacturers that have more generic enclosure sets to fit them - kind of like tonneu covers on a pickup truck.

laurentide

Lieutenant Commander
Except boats aren't standard sizes like truck beds. Each enclosure is different based on the owner's needs/wants and the boat dimensions. Custom canvas is the only way to do it effectively. Same reason new outboards are so expensive...no economy of scale for niche products.

I wish what you're looking for was available, 'cause I'm about to drop two weeks pay on some enclosure curtains.

Jeep Man

Commander
I got mine online from ANP in Quebec. Sunbrella fabric,quality and customer service was good, arrived on schedule. Price and workmanship was very good.

jcfitzgerald

Seaman Apprentice
Seems to me that such enclosures would get in the way of fishing. Maybe they are for fun boats only, not fishing boats.