AKR Livewell problem

AKR

Recruit
I have a 2007 Key Largo 210 Bay Boat CC with 2 livewells fore & aft, the problem is I can't get water into either well. Have opened up fill tubes when in the water, turned aerator pump, could hear it running, but no water. No extra water in the bilge, filled up both tanks with water, turned on pump, could hear pump running, but no action in either tank. Pushed water back thru fill tubes & water came out of pick up on bottom of boat. Have drained tanks, fore tank drains on left side on lower transom & aft tank drains on rightside lower transom. Could I have blockage in pick up line & how do I clean out pick up line/supply, hesitant to use electrical/plumbing fish.What's next?

alldodge

Staff member
I have a 2007 Key Largo 210 Bay Boat CC with 2 livewells fore & aft, the problem is I can't get water into either well. Have opened up fill tubes when in the water, turned aerator pump, could hear it running, but no water. No extra water in the bilge, filled up both tanks with water, turned on pump, could hear pump running, but no action in either tank. Pushed water back thru fill tubes & water came out of pick up on bottom of boat. Have drained tanks, fore tank drains on left side on lower transom & aft tank drains on rightside lower transom. Could I have blockage in pick up line & how do I clean out pick up line/supply, hesitant to use electrical/plumbing fish.What's next?

:welcome: to iboats

Don't know if your boat has a pump to fill the live well and an aerator or just an aerator. I'm thinking you have a powered fill pump which circulates the water. Does the tank have an over flow to keep the water at a given level? My first thought is either a valve is not open or the impeller in the pump may need to be replaced.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I too thought about a valve until you said that you run water back though the supply input tubing and it came out the pickup tube for the pump. That tells me no valve turned off. But it also tells me you could have a pump, that while sounding like it is working, is not turning any impellor to pump water. I'd locate the pump and verify it is pumping or not first... JMHO!

AKR

Recruit
Thx for the reply, I did run water thru the fill tube again & water came out the pick up tube. Did find a valve on the pump, lever handle, opened & closed it, now I'll close it & see if it stops the water. if it does, sounds like the impeller in the pump is shot.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Thx for the reply, I did run water thru the fill tube again & water came out the pick up tube. Did find a valve on the pump, lever handle, opened & closed it, now I'll close it & see if it stops the water. if it does, sounds like the impeller in the pump is shot.

Sounds like a good plan. Some times the impellor isn't so much as shot, as it is not spinning because the motor shaft is spun free from the impellor. So that would sound like the pump was working and also why you can back flush water easily too, but the impellor is not spinning. So either way, a new pump will fix your problem IF that is the case... Good luck and do let us know either way.

fishrdan

Admiral
What type of pump(s) do you have in the system, brand, size?

I had a fairly new, 2-3 year old, Attwood Tsumani livewell pump go bad, water intrusion past the shaft seal rusted and seized the motor. Also, check this lines/hoses for obstructions. When I got my boat (used) the LW fill hose had several big balls of chopped up weeds, clogs. I reverse flushed the clogs with water and compressed air,,, after pulling the pump cartridge out.