Pontoon Grill Mounts

thebackwaters

Recruit
Hello Fellow Boats!

I am looking for suggestions or ideas in mounting a grill on the pontoon. I would like to stay away from the pedestal grill mount. The pontoon has full fencing do not want to drill into the fencing.

I believe there was a similar forum but looking to see if there has been any newer mounts that I have over looked.

Open to any suggestions or ideas.

Thank you!

Thalasso

Commander
What type/brand of grill? Do you have a swim ladder that has a cover over it like boat swim platforms have? Why would you need to drill into fencing to mount a removable pedestal mount?
You can get grill mounts that go in rod holders. (Magma)

thebackwaters

Recruit
I am looking to by a Kuuma grill (rectangular) or the Magma Kettle grill.

Most mounts have screws at the top and the bottom of the rail but the bottom of the rail has fencing. I am trying to stay away from the pedestal mounts.

I am thinking that the fishing rod mount for the grill is going to be my only option.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I made my own mounts for my Kuuma although you can find similar online. What I didn't want was anything sticking up that would hit my cover. I have it set up so I can reverse that part that sits unde the frill so you can have it face toward the boat or away from it so you can cook at the dock.
IMG_20140222_143343.jpg

IMG_20140222_143335.jpg

IMG_20140222_143306.jpg

thebackwaters

Recruit
Thanks, I have some good ideas to go with and may need to bring in a friend of mine who does some welding!

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Since I welded up the mounts for the rail, the guy that sell ezfenders now makes his fender holders with the holes drilled the way I have mine.

20141204_101700.jpg

Contact him at this site:
http://www.ezfender.com/

By the way, ezfenders are a great way of hanging your fenders as well! I use them !

Last edited:

Capt Sully

Petty Officer 1st Class
I used a Rod Holder, one in rear and another mounted on the side. There is an adapter made for the grill. BBQ Grill.jpg

64osby

Admiral
Made this for my Magma grill.

fetch

Made it from a old kids scooter. Raise it for the grill, lower it when under way.

fetch

If you get a Magma you could get the pole clamp and then just u-bolt a pole to the rail. I also added a rubber cap to the top.

Also saw this one posted.

fetch

A grill is a great addition to any boat.