Vinyl Cleaner

C17LoadSmasher

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Does anyone know of anything that is a really good vinyl cleaner, and does Armor All work well as a protectant? I have white vinyl (grrreeat...shows every spot of dirt) and want to keep it looking nice.<br /><br />TIA!

D

DJ

Re: Vinyl Cleaner

C-17,<br /><br />Simple Green has worked for me as good as anything.

singerjr

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey C17,<br /><br />There are probably 1000 answers to this question and rows of fancy do-it-all space age cleaners out there but this is what my wife and I use for just about everything other than car washes and waxes.<br /><br />For regular everyday cleaning Simple Green. It’s safe to use on anything and generally cleans just about everything and is biodegradable.<br /><br />For tougher stains and cleaning like your vinyl Formula 409. At my sign shop we use it to clean vinyl banners and awnings that get a lot dirtier than your seats. It cleans up the tough stuff without dulling. Even cleans bloodstains out of carpet.<br /><br />For your dirtiest nastiest jobs Spic-N-Span dissolved in warm to hot water. Make sure it's all dissolved. This will clean anything the others won't. Also great for the trailer, tires, white walls anything nasty.<br /><br />Nothing high tech just very good cleaners that have been around a long time. They have been around for a long time because they do what they are supposed to do.<br /><br />As for the final touch on your vinyl I don't like Armor All because I don't like slippery seats. McGuires (sp?) makes a good product to protect vinyl and soft plastics against UV ect… You can find it at any good auto parts & acc. store. It not a spray it is more like a lotion, it puts a little shine on but doesn’t make the seats slippery. I use it on my motorcycle seat too. I don’t want either vehicle’s seats slippery.<br /><br />The good thing about these simple cleaners that work is they aren’t expensive except for the McGuires; it’s a little pricey. Just an opinion I’m sure, as many boaters there are you’ll get that many opinions. I like to keep it simple, I found these worked years ago and since, I’ve tried a few new things, spent more money only to find they didn’t work as good as my tried and true trio of cleaners. <br /><br />Happy cleaning! ;)

Hooty

Rear Admiral

I used some stuff the other day on my white vinyl called "Goo Gone" and it's good juju. Works as good as "Simple Green", maybe better.<br /><br />c/6<br /><br />Hooty

crab bait

Captain

i had some seats upholstered an the man said DON'T PUT ANYTHING ON VINYL such as armorall ,cause all it does is causes it to cook in the sun .. EXCEPT 303 .. it's a uv protectant.. so far so good but it's not a real cleaner at all. i've said before that iam a simple green & bleach mix 50/ 50 fan .. but for the worst cases not much comes close to SPRAY NINE found in hardware stores ... iam sure tho it's not eco safe..

ODDD1

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loadsmasher, the best thing I have found for making white vinyl seats look good is something in a bikini, properly tanned.....

skier

Petty Officer 1st Class

C17:<br /><br />The best thing I know of to get stains that "Simple Green" leaves behind is "Castrol Super Clean" It's also biodegradeable and takes everything even wheel grease off. Use lots of water when rinsing though. Then I use "Liquid Luster" car pollish on everything that is non-poorus (Spelling??)<br /><br />Craig

dma251

Cadet

Castrol Super clean..... That stuff is the best cleaner for EVERYTHING I have ever seen! You gotta be careful though, it's strong stuff. Lots of water.