Winter Boat Projects

Well I did it.I pulled the trigger and purchaced a new ESP from swimplatforms.com. Great customer service. I delayed the delivery till March because the boat is in storage. Can't wait for the temps to warm up and get started on it.
banana2.gif

The other project that will be tackled it my trailer. Last yr I replaced just about everything. The winch, tires, bearings, breaks, tie down straps and break fluid. So this spring its paint. I will be doing a bed liner on the entire thing. UPol Raptor Liner. It has UV protector in the paint and is tintable. IMHO it is one of the best products for bedliner. I haveseen a few trailers done this way and they look good.

Other then that my wife and I are off to Lake Cumberland for our second anual houseboat trip in June. Sprong/Summer can't come fast enouph.
dancinguy.gif

jbcurt00

Staff member
Where on Cumberland?

I spent LOTS of time there in and around high school and college............ Mostly out of Grider Hill and back to 76Falls :D

Thanks for jogging the good memories!

Where on Cumberland?

I spent LOTS of time there in and around high school and college............ Mostly out of Grider Hill and back to 76Falls :D

Thanks for jogging the good memories!

Hello JBC,
We boat out of Jamestown Marina. We usally go south a little past low gap island and will always make a trip to the falls for the day. Depending on our company we will venture to Harmon Creek for a day as well. It is a fun lake and we love houseboating. We live in IL and will be making a trip to the Ozarks and Torch Lake this summer as well.

BRICH1260

Lieutenant
I hear you. I am also in the Midwest waiting for the temps to rise enough so that I can re-paint and refurbish (bellows, gimble bearing) my lower unit and get it back on the boat. Never noticed how long winters were until I bought my boat.

We stayed at Jamestown last September and enjoyed it. It was our first trip to Cumberland , we typically attend Dale Hollow a couple times a year, which as you know is near Cumberland. Hurry up summer.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Bed liner sounds great. The only thing I would mention is to make absolutely sure there is no way to trap water inside the trailer if there are any possible such areas. Because the bed liner will never allow it to drain out and we all know what that means... Post pictures of your effort too. I'd love to see before and after shots... :thumb:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Bed liner on the entire trailer? I've used it on step pads before but there are some considerations to take into account. Resale, as the next guy may hate the stuff and you won't get it off again. Not easy to clean due to the rough surface, theres road tar, bugs and lake scum / weeds stuff like to stick to it. Costs way more than paint too.

Just saying...

So how about a pic of the new ESP swim platform?

oldjeep

Admiral
Bed liner on the entire trailer? I've used it on step pads before but there are some considerations to take into account. Resale, as the next guy may hate the stuff and you won't get it off again. Not easy to clean due to the rough surface, theres road tar, bugs and lake scum / weeds stuff like to stick to it. Costs way more than paint too.

Just saying...

So how about a pic of the new ESP swim platform?

I sure wouldn't worry about it. Bed liner is a fairly expensive option on ski/wake trailers. Mine only has it on the fenders, but I wish it was on the entire frame - much tougher than paint.

Thanks folk everyone. I have looked into the bedliner option and did get the idea from skiboat trilers. They look really sharp. My concern was that it would fade or flake. Well after a long research it looks like its all in the prep work. So the trailer will be sandblasted then etch primed. I decided to go with a product called Upol Raptor Liner. It has a UV protector in it. Almost all of the other liners did not. I am witing for it to warm up to start this project. Our boat will be put into rack storage and I have a tent booth in my garage to spray it in. I will post pictures before and after.