Where do I get a bow eye ring?

Count Monaco

Seaman Apprentice
I have an older Tanzer 22 sailboat and the bow eye is broke. It has very interesting dimensions and don't know where to find a replacement.

IMG_4471.jpg

alldodge

Staff member
I have an older Tanzer 22 sailboat and the bow eye is broke. It has very interesting dimensions and don't know where to find a replacement.

IMG_4471.jpg

Agree yours kind of had to find the exact size. It appears to be 3/8 bolt, 5 in long, and have a 2 1/4 in opening. I looked at McMaster Carr and came up with this section
http://www.mcmaster.com/#u-bolts/=v3t2hh

Might have to get a 2 1/2 opening and then bend it closer to get more length. Like many of the bow eyes you might not need one around the 5 in length

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Bow eyes come in so many different sizes and styles that you should be able to find one that will work. Check out EBay and look what there is to offer...

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
that is a u-bolt, not a bow eye. If I remember, your in Pinnellas County, then Head to Pinnellas fastener (or order from McMaster Carr)

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
It's a U-bolt, but there must be some spot welds on the back side of the plate or most of it will be drawn in when installed tight. Measure the centerline of the holes in the plate to see what the width of the U-bolt is. It looks a little squeezed to me.