Queen Merrie identification

moxiedog

Seaman Apprentice
I just bought an 18 foot Queen Merrie. I think it is at least a 1962 since it has the 76" beam, but I couldn't find the number on the transom knee brace like another post on here. It looks all original, from the airguide gauges to the original cubby storage units behind the front seats, so any idea where I would look for the ID Number?

jbcurt00

Staff member
It may be a fairly small, faint stamping, but the only vintage Alumacraft i've ever seen up close, an A open, bench style fishing boat, had the # on the knee too.

Google Alumacraft, their site has a link to ID your boat thru the serial number (model & year of production), might be able to contact them directly to find out where to look.

I'd bet even money its on the knee and just hard to see/read.

moxiedog

Seaman Apprentice
Thanks guys, I was looking in the wrong place. I found the number and will contact Alumacraft.

jbcurt00

Staff member
I think they refer you to the website, and you input all the info and an email. They'll send you what they come up w

moxiedog

Seaman Apprentice
I found it on the transom knee. It is the letter O with 436 after. Alumacraft got back to me and said it should be Q18 436 which would be a 1958 queen. Anyone with a queen have a O at the beginning of their ID number?

moxiedog

Seaman Apprentice
i also remeasured the beam and it is 73" which it would have been in 1958. 1962 moved to the 76" beam.

jbcurt00

Staff member
I found it on the transom knee. It is the letter O with 436 after. Alumacraft got back to me and said it should be Q18 436 which would be a 1958 queen. Anyone with a queen have a O at the beginning of their ID number?
if only the other makers still in production would be half as helpful as Alumacraft......

I'd like to ad an Alumacraft tinny to my hoard one day. Just waiting for just the right one....

i had an Ooh~Que letter in a model problem on an outboard once. The Q wasnt stamped very well and the tail was extremely faint, but present...

You're missing the 18 after it as well?

moxiedog

Seaman Apprentice
if only the other makers still in production would be half as helpful as Alumacraft......

I'd like to ad an Alumacraft tinny to my hoard one day. Just waiting for just the right one....

i had an Ooh~Que letter in a model problem on an outboard once. The Q wasnt stamped very well and the tail was extremely faint, but present...

You're missing the 18 after it as well?

Yes, but the others I have seen online as well as 2 of my buddies had just Q and then the 3 digit number. 1 was an 18 and one was a 16.