Using BEHR Premium DeckOver on deck boat?

shackle101

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So I assume this would work find for a deck boat with wood flooring, but anyone ever try it with Aluminium flooring? Figured this would be easier, and quicker than putting in new carpet. Any ideas how well this stuff would work?

H20Rat

Vice Admiral
Tried it on a tongue and groove deck, didn't quite work as expected... Once it dries, it isn't as flexible as you would think. Normal boat flexing would probably cause it to crack and pull up.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I don't think they recommend using it on metals. If that's the sort of surface you want then maybe a spray on liner type product would be better.

shackle101

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Yeah was considering that as well. Wonder if it will stay fairly cool though on a hot day.

I don't think they recommend using it on metals. If that's the sort of surface you want then maybe a spray on liner type product would be better.

Bondo

Staff member
Yeah was considering that as well. Wonder if it will stay fairly cool though on a hot day.

Ayuh,.... There are choices, other than black now-a-days,.... Lighter colors, ='s less heat,....

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
I would advise you "think this through" because IF you ever have to do a repair you will have to remove a portion of that. I would consider applying vinyl or carpet

jbcurt00

Staff member
I agree w/ Bob.... it was a difficult laborious process to remove poorly applied bedliner from the aluminum boat hull..

I dont even want to consider how hard it would be to remove commercially applied liner.