fishing boat?

southkogs

Staff member
^^^^ The Admiral says "it's all in the tone." Good luck with that ;)

So, that 16' from Knoxville: that may actually be a plastic boat - which around here may not be so bad. I had a 14' plastic boat about 10 years ago, and it could take a gouging from the bottom of the Stones River almost as well as a tinny would. Plastic and rock didn't get along too badly, better'n glass would've anyway.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
ok; school me on 'plastic' boats.

I just sold my trailer tires from the rehab, decided to run up to exit 81 to meet the guy. He was way east on 40 travelling and blew a tire on but apparently couldn't find any in stock anywhere so he bought 3 of mine with wheels for what he could pay for 1 new rubber only and didn't have to wait until Monday. Plus that is the exit where my wife's ex just opened his gun store so thought I'd stop by and say hi and check the place out.

More importantly, I wanted to check out one of the boats above in the 'Boro but the dude hasn't responded to email, VM, or text so either sold or he doesn't want to sell.

May run up the road a couple miles to look at this one. Way more than I want to spend but you never know.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/boa/4778870084.html

01313_8nC7D0W4GNt_600x450.jpg

Last edited:

southkogs

Staff member
ok; school me on 'plastic' boats.
Don't know too much about 'em myself. Most of what I'm seeing now is stuff outta' China manufactured for the big box retailers. But about 15 years ago I bought a 14' rowboat (type) with a 9HP Eska for about $300. It was plastic, but I'm pretty sure it was a late 70's hull (I forget the manufacturer from the registration). As opposed to fiberglass that will grind away into the fibers, this would take a gouge and kinda' softly fill itself back in a little (not like self healing or anything).

hey kogs if you need an escape from the house/family/relatives this weekend go check this one out for me... :nod:
Had a crazy day today catchin' up on some honeydos. Might actually wind up in the office for a while tomorrow. Any clue as to where that one is here in town?

BTW - where's the new gun shop at Exit 81? That's nice and close :)

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
no they didn't map it out on CL. If you do fine out let me know otherwise I may ditch the run to MS next week I can make up reasons to stay in town and go to my La Vergne shop so that gives me plenty of opportunity to visit these. Gun shop called Bullseye if you go and see a Kelly tell him I sent ya.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I'll hafta' catch you for lunch sometime. My office is in La Vergne.

HA! I've seen his truck runnin' around lately. Hadn't gotten close enough to see what it was. (Looked like someone opened up a new bar!)

Funny - he calls the truck 'Old Craig'. It's his trash hauling truck in a previous life and just wrapped it with the Bullseye stuff.

My shop is on Heil Quaker, between exit 62 and 64 - follow the DIRECTV vans. If you have not had the gyro from the TA truck stop at 62 you are missing love in a pita....

southkogs

Staff member
Not far from ya' at all: I'm over on Bain Drive not far from Bridgestone.

Gimme' a little to get my head back above water and we'll get together. There's a great place off Murfreesboro Rd. for Gyros - though I'll have to give the TA a shot just to make sure.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
wow no you're not far.

I'm getting irritated. These people that want to sell a boat are not returning calls, texts, or emails. I bet they would have better luck selling if they did.

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I've got a second prospect in Knox but no response

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/boa/4774940752.html

00606_l6DgGoBnpzX_600x450.jpg

I have a good older 16' Semi V Jon Boat with 2 1967 9.5hp Johnson tiller steer motors. Both are complete motors. One runs, and the other one could if worked on. I kept it as a parts motor just in case I needed it. The boat has new lights and wires, and so does the trailer. It is registered through next year as well. The running motor needs to tinkered with a bit to get it running smooth, but ran great last year. I'm asking $500 obo. Great boat I just don't have the time to fix it.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Although no response does often happen, it is probably is worse over the holiday weekend.

If the Admiral was here, i'm sure i'd be otherwise engaged in non-boat and non-boat nerd activities.

Sub $500 for a 16ft boat motor and trailer sounds like a pretty good deal if the 1motor runs and it only needs a quick tune up.

southkogs

Staff member
Did you ever hear back from the dude with the Aqua Swan? I liked that boat the best so far.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
The blue one looks like a Lonestar we have had a 15 footer in the family since about 1958.
A really rugged boat but sensitive to weight movement in the forward area.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Only one I've heard from is the blue one up in Woodbury which is just a few miles from me - family day yesterday but he 'said' he was going to let me know today when I can come by.

I'm leaning to a 14-16' rather than 12'. Of my 3 friends that might come with me, 2 are 250 & 300 lbs respectively so I think would be better to have a bit larger. But, for a couple hundred bucks each maybe I'll buy two. Then start looking for a new place to live unless I can hide one (which I can)....

I've expanded my search criteria up to $1000. Thinking either offer without motor or sell motor that comes with it since I have my 15hp and some come with trolling motor etc that I will add on anyway. And I am liking the 'plastic' boat up top and the glass one below - It has walk thru areas rather than having to step over seats so more wife friendly I'm hoping. Although that one with two motors sounds promising as well.

https://clarksville.craigslist.org/boa/4773534658.html

00808_f9VtwW0sIzh_600x450.jpg

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
this guy not seeming to be too interested in selling. Can't use high pressure sales tactics on a CL old boat. I've put him at the bottom of the list bassed o his response.

01313_8nC7D0W4GNt_600x450.jpg

this one is beat to hell on the site not shown in the pic and has a hole plugged with silver silicone. No biggie but it's there.

00k0k_1htYAgeQniG_600x450.jpg

got a response on the two motor one in Knoxville, with some pics, so looks like I'm travelling there for 'business' next week.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
ok going to look at one tomorrow, engine not running. Says he can shoot ether in it and keep it going (same issue as my tiller). Any thought on what that could be? Not really interested in the motor but would want running to resell and recoup some $

00M0M_l02Llu0ziYE_600x450.jpg

jbcurt00

Staff member
I'd suggest you take a small spray bottle of mix gas w/ you, Starting fluid, IMO, isn't good for the cylinder walls/rings.

Good luck!

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
well decent little boat but not for $800. Motor not running and the trolling motor is a 24V which is overkill and 'he said it worked intermittently'. Lots of work or low resale. I'm going to let him think about it for a week or two while I'm in Denver and STL (will have truck in STL so never know). If still around in a few weeks I'll hit him up for $500 or so.

Here's one in STL. Not quite my style.

01515_5OlH0CFhA24_600x450.jpg