Grumman Canoe Identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

twocyclemania

Chief Petty Officer
Just picked up a Grumman aluminum canoe. Got it for $85; it has some . weld repairs and dents. I was told it doesn't leak. I have a feeling it's a 17' l978 but I'm hoping someone can give me additional (any) or confirmation information on it. The oval sticker in the front says: 4278-GP-SK-17. The rectangular sticker on the rear bulkhead says: G17 Serial 4278. thanks

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I think if it was '78 model it would have a HIN on it some where.

robert graham

Admiral
I have a 1983 Sears Roebuck 17 ft. Aluminum Canoe and I believe it was made by Grumman but not sure....Metal badge on back says SEAM 0600M83....if that's any help to you....But I can tell you these old riveted aluminum canoes are very durable and mostly maintenance free...

GA_Boater

I have a 1983 Sears Roebuck 17 ft. Aluminum Canoe and I believe it was made by Grumman but not sure....Metal badge on back says SEAM 0600M83....if that's any help to you....But I can tell you these old riveted aluminum canoes are very durable and mostly maintenance free...

Your canoe comes out as a 1983 made by Sea Nymph, Robert. Twocycle should also have a HIN on one of the pointy ends, unless it's a square back.

Krichbourg

Petty Officer 1st Class
That's a great buy at $85, even with the dents. I usually don't see them selling for less than 3 or 4 hundred.

robert graham

Admiral
Your canoe comes out as a 1983 made by Sea Nymph, Robert. Twocycle should also have a HIN on one of the pointy ends, unless it's a square back.

Yep, mine is a square back, and that's where that number plate is located....on the outside of the transom....so it was made by Sea Nymph....always wondered!...

VTPaddler

Recruit
I've been lucky to acquire an old Grumman model G-15. The serial number is either 19932 or 19 32, the 9 in the middle of the five digit number is so faint it's hard to tell if it's even a 9. "Grumman Boats" is at the top of the id plate, followed by "Model G-15" and the serial number. Then 5 OBC horsepower, 4 persons at 150 pounds, or 720 lbs max weight. Any information you have on this boat would be appreciated. Year of manufacture, designer, model name, etc. Thank you!

GA_Boater

I've been lucky to acquire an old Grumman model G-15. The serial number is either 19932 or 19 32, the 9 in the middle of the five digit number is so faint it's hard to tell if it's even a 9. "Grumman Boats" is at the top of the id plate, followed by "Model G-15" and the serial number. Then 5 OBC horsepower, 4 persons at 150 pounds, or 720 lbs max weight. Any information you have on this boat would be appreciated. Year of manufacture, designer, model name, etc. Thank you!

Welcome aboard.

This thread is old and inactive and now closed.

Contact Grumman, they have been responsive about info requests is some recent threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.