winterising

mungy

Cadet
Need help.I have a 26 ft StarCraft islander with a 1989 4.3 omc cobra going to do full reno on boat.I have winterized engine my question is .I can not see any drive water drain screws on starboard side .i have seen pics of wear there to be. would it be possible the year is wrong. I'm waiting for maniual to arrive. Can't find any marks on engine tag is not readable for model and year
Thanks

roffey

Commander
I can't help much as my 4.3 is a 2014 Merc, I had 5 plugs to remove. What I can tell you is it might take a day or two but you will get your answer here.

Starcraft5834

Lieutenant Commander
you have manual on way, your good...... google it..........bet you find some assistance

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Need help.I have a 26 ft StarCraft islander with a 1989 4.3 omc cobra going to do full reno on boat.I have winterized engine my question is .I can not see any drive water drain screws on starboard side .i have seen pics of wear there to be. would it be possible the year is wrong. I'm waiting for maniual to arrive. Can't find any marks on engine tag is not readable for model and year
Thanks

Not sure what you mean by 'drive water drain screws'. Are you saying that you found the engine block drains on the port side of the engine, but can't find any on the starboard side? Or, are you referring to drains on the outdrive? And, how about the drains on the manifolds and/or risers? Did you find those?

In any case, you should be posting this in the OMC I/O forum to get the right answer(s). Maybe one of the mods will move this for you.

DBreskin

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Some of the drain screws may be hidden by the pivot housing when the drive is in the down position. Trim up halfway to see the starboard side screw.

mungy

Cadet
Thanks guys broke down and pulled drive to drain water couldn't find screws on starboard side.trying to figure out how to post pics for my restoration on the old girl
Thanks again