1986 17ft Center Console Critchfield Hull Questions.

Matt St. John

Recruit
I recently purchased this boat as the third owner. The info I know about this hull is heavily outweighed by the info that I don't. I know that this boat was owned by a tournament fisherman in the late eighties and ninties by a guy who's last name was Moneymaker who painted it Florida Gators colors and named it "Won for the Money". Then sold to a military couple who used it for about a year prior to selling it to me. It doesn't have the information plate on it anymore stating the max capacity or what the hull is rated to engine horse power wise. I've looked online for comparable boats and I just don't see any. I'm looking for some insight into this brand of hull. Any specs will be helpfull because I'm looking to possibly repower and replace the 110 that's currently on it.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Don't know anything about the boat. 110 smells of an early Mercruiser Chevy 4 cyl which by the mid '80's was replaced with the 120. Know of no outboards rated 110....but an I/O for a tournament fisherman sounds odd. A picture of the boat would help. There is a BIA formula for determining max hp and you probably go to their www and get the formula.

HTH,
Mark