14' Starcraft Seafarer corner brackets with handles

alorejr

Recruit
Any know where I could bet a pair of original corner brackets w/ handles for a 14' Starcraft Seafarer?

jbcurt00

Staff member
Craigslist or ebay, if you get lucky.

Might find them w out handles easier

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Any Starcraft dealer can order them for you. The handles are standard - they don't come without them.

Unusual to find them on CL or EB, unless someone was parting out a boat. Not likely since SeaFarers last almost forever.

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Any Starcraft dealer can order them for you. The handles are standard - they don't come without them.

Unusual to find them on CL or EB, unless someone was parting out a boat. Not likely since SeaFarers last almost forever.
Then why are transom endcaps so hard to come by for all the other SC's like Jupiters, Jets, SS's & etc?

This is the 2nd time someone has suggested an SC dealer for parts recently, but there are LOTS of year or 2, even 5 or 6 year old Topics & requests asking about where to find parts that don't have resolution. Everytime it's suggested to contact a dealer, a dealer may be contacted but they are never helpful or a resource for parts.

IF you KNOW there's a dealer that will order parts and pieces for SC's, I'm sure there are numerous fellas over in the SC forum that would love to have their contact info. Esp rubrail and endcaps, which as standard items across multiple models and decades of years w/ no changes, you'd think they'd be the most likely to be available parts. As far as I know there's only been one occasion that a dealer actually ended up coming thru on parts, rubrail, and DJ basically lucked out and should have paid a great deal more then he was quoted, nearly 3times as much....

BTW, CL & evil-bay are the only 2 places I HAVE seen them for sale.

DJ's official Starcraft rubrail topic

Perhaps SC took notice of the bad PR & the general PITA/lack of customer service at most dealers and made some changes to their customer service

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
My local Starcraft dealer has been in business since 1952 and I bought my first rig from him in 1968. I have only ordered parts from him once, and found his service to be outstanding. Maybe its because I have been a loyal customer for 46 years, maybe he wouldn't bother for a first time customer, maybe SC only services long standing dealers, I dunno.

I wasn't aware that SC customer service was that bad. I sure do like my Seafarer though...

jbcurt00

Staff member
My local Starcraft dealer has been in business since 1952 and I bought my first rig from him in 1968. I have only ordered parts from him once, and found his service to be outstanding. Maybe its because I have been a loyal customer for 46 years, maybe he wouldn't bother for a first time customer, maybe SC only services long standing dealers, I dunno.

I wasn't aware that SC customer service was that bad. I sure do like my Seafarer though...

I suspect it's the 46yrs you've been buying from him, but how long ago did you buy parts, and what part? Depending on how long he's been in business as an SC dealer, that may also be a factor. But I'd bet it's more about him servicing a good customer. Yes it is very surprising and frustrating for many....

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Forum member MichaelP re produces end caps for other member, you could PM him and see if still is doing it. He has a Chieftain rebuild thread in the SC forum.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Michael P's are great repro's but aren't the handled version, which is why I didn't mention it.

I haven't seen him post in a very long time. He was actively offering them on evil-bay for quite a while, but I haven't seen them there either in just as long.......

But he might be lurking around somewhere.............