boat suggestions needed

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I love comin' down the South side of Monteagle in the mornings - especially this time of year - it's just beautiful.

My first trip thru here about 10 years ago I hit that time of day with a layer of fog just at sunrise. Fast forward 5 or so years and I was headed the same on our first trip to nickajack and I knew I was home. Second best feeling I've ever had knowing I had 'come home'.

Jerimiah I stop for fuel in Jasper quite a bit, well at least at a gas station next to the highway. The BP by the hospital has a pretty good hot dog.

I sent you a pm this morning.. I was surfing cragslist.

Last edited:

Jerem0621

Cadet
Wow...who would have ever thought that there were so many i boaters here in Tennessee!

I am a transplant here myself...my dad was a missionary/pastor and as a Kid we lived from Florida to Ohio, then to Germany...I have seen the alps and the Rhine river gorge...

When my dad was sent to this are I told him I was home and planned to set my roots down here....and 21 years later...I'm still here.

Mom and dad has moved back to Florida for their semi retirement and have a nice place 4 miles from the Gulf...

There simply is no place more beautiful than the mountains here.

Redneck Joe, thanks for the lead on Craigslist!

My last boat project (can probably still find pics from some of my earlier posts.) was gone too far for what I wanted so I parted the boat out and trashed the hull.

Not that I couldn't have fixed the Tri-hull...they just are not my thing and I had zero passion about that boat.

We may have to work up an iboats rendezvous on lake Nickajack next year

Thanks!

The hunt is on

southkogs

Staff member
There's a healthy Tennessee contingent here on the forum. Just this year we started a "hey - where's everybody gonna' be this weekend" topic HERE. I immediately broke my boat and haven't made it out anywhere :doh:

I'm a transplant too, from Michigan. Been here about 15 years and not plannin' on leaving any time soon. I really just feel like I've finally learned the language ;)

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
FWIW I was born in Knoxville.... have been 'on the run' since I was a baby and for now I am about as close to home as I can get due to staying close to family but one day I hope to be back in TN and possibly living on a boat.

The Tennessee river system specifically around Chattanooga but surely all over is pretty darn beautiful too