Engine room power rise/fall solenoid clicking

ba5e

Seaman
Hi iboaters!

I started removing my port engine in my 1990 Sea Ray 260ov the other day and now the hatch function is broken. I have a power rise/fall sundeck which contains the engines. its actuated by a hydraulic arm wired up to the starboard engine.

So after disconnecting the power, battery, fuel and other ancillaries from the port engine, I went to lower the hatch and I got a repeated clicking noise, I located the clicking and its coming from a solenoid looking device under the dashboard, the switch for rise/fall leads into this box and its wired up to a constant 12v so it can be operated without main power being on.

Im not sure whats going on here at the wiring in this boat is like spaghetti, but two years ago i pulled the starboard engine and the hatch worked without a problem (as its running straight off the starboard battery). The hatch will even work if no batteries are installed, and the shore power is connected and converter is on. So where should i start looking to diagnose this issue?

64osby

Admiral
Check to see if you have voltage exiting the solenoid. If yes check the motor input. Is there an inline fuse?

ba5e

Seaman
Check to see if you have voltage exiting the solenoid. If yes check the motor input. Is there an inline fuse?

Thanks! There was no 12v at the hydraulic pump when operating the switch and I can not see any in line fuses visible.

I can't actually reach the solenoid without deconstructing the entire instrument panel housingto see if there is a fuse there....talk about bad access. I have hotwired the hydrualic pump for now. However, now when operating the interior lights (which don't work anymore) I get the solenoid clicking as well. The clicking persists without operating any other switches after triggering the issue. I have to disconnect the battery to get it to stop :( it can even be triggered by switching on the radio!

There is 12v going up to all the switches and breakers on the helm panels and I have good charge. The systems will also run of the ac-dc converter with no battery installed with the same symptoms.