bolster cushions

Capt Charlie

Recruit
Does anyone know where I can get replacement bolster cushions (coaming pads) for my boat. The only ones I've seen are available in 36" and 48" lengths. Unfortunately I need 93" pads.<br />Any help would be appreciated.<br />Thanks and Happy New Year!

jlinder

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: bolster cushions

Have you thought about redoing it yourself?<br /><br />I found out how much replacements costs, and started doing it myself. Found a good place to order marine vynl, foam, thread, etc. I even found the exact original colors so I could replace cushions/seats one at a time.<br /><br />Had a sewing machine and just started with the idea of "what do I have to lose?". Found it to be fairly simple and easy to do. First cushions are not bad, and subsquent cushions are better.<br /><br />For the cost of getting replacements you could buy the materials and a sewing machine and still come out ahead.<br /><br />Let me know if you want more details (like the supplier at http://www.yourautotrim.com ) and some of the tricks I have found.

robsteinny

Cadet

Is it possible that somebody who's never even sewn a sock can learn to make their own boat cushions? I need to replace about a dozen boat cushions and would like to try making them myself. Any tips, tricks or leads out there?

Thanks!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

ihave never sewn a sock, but have made many cushions. it is the same as any construction project. you have to figure out how it goes together, to get the end result. it takes a heavier than a normal household sewing maching.

robsteinny

Cadet

Thanks! Do you have a sewing machine, on-line course, or any other information you can recommend?