Sad day

airdvr1227

Lieutenant Commander
Today was the annual "say goodbye to summer fun" day here on Lake Erie. Been having problems with my starboard engine not wanting to idle...today was the same thing. So, along with it being 50 degrees and winds gusting we had to limp on one engine out of East Harbor up the coast to West Harbor running on a single screw. Long, cold trip and then had to dock in the winds. Boat will be hauled this week. We'll deal with the engine problems in the spring along with a laundry list of other minor quirks.

moosehead

Chief Petty Officer
Ahoy airdvr, I feel your pain. I'm gonna be that guy, the last to pull her out on our marina deadline of Oct. 15th at Lake Granby, CO. Enjoy the offseason, and get her shipshape for next spring. Cheers.

mirrocraft16

Seaman Apprentice
It just shows how different other areas of this country are!
Around these parts the real serious boaters are just looking for slips and getting on the water to chase the fall/winter striper run.
I just bought a new to me boat that will hit the water for some fishing every chance I get till either the end of the season or till when the water freezes over.

tpenfield

Staff member
Yup, I had my boat hauled out for the season on Saturday. The boat was definitely wanting to be out of the water. As I started the engines to head for the haul out ramp, the port engine was singing an alarm and the trim pump was stuck in the down mode, causing full trim in and a constantly running pump motor. Once on the hard, I discovered a low gear lube reservoir and a stuck solenoid on the port engine and trim pump. Just add it to the off-season maintenance list :rolleyes:

Last edited:

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander
I'm thinking in a couple weeks mine will be on the hard. Sad as I onlyused it a handful of times.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
It just shows how different other areas of this country are!
Around these parts the real serious boaters are just looking for slips and getting on the water to chase the fall/winter striper run.
I just bought a new to me boat that will hit the water for some fishing every chance I get till either the end of the season or till when the water freezes over.
Yep, spent most of yesterday getting things ready for the fall, into winter season. Season doesn't end until December 31 or the fish leave the area, whichever comes first :)

RGrew176

Commander
All good things must end some day as the song said. Hope you had a great season. Boatless myself at the moment but all of my boating has been on the Great Lakes with 90%+ of that on Lake Erie. Used to boat out of Bolles Harbor, hope to be out and about on the lake soon.

Brian 26

Chief Petty Officer
Yeah brought mine to storage on Tuesday. The good part is I get that half of my garage back!