Thank you

mikroe

Cadet
At the first of the year I asked about trim issues. I have an 18' Tracker with a Johnson 150 GT. The 150 is the max motor for this boat. My issue was getting the boat on plane and not being able to trim the motor back up. This is my first boat and I was thinking it was a weight problem. I asked about trading down to a smaller motor since the 150 hp was a lot more power than I needed or was even comfortable. I received a lot of replies telling me not to do it and I would regret doing it. So I just want to thank everyone who gave me such good advice. I love this motor. I am no longer uncomfortable with the power now that I know how to use it and the trim as well. When I first got the boat, doing 20 mph scared me a bit. But after all the time I spent on the water this summer, I have a lot more confidence. Also. I used to slow way down whenever I would cross someone's wake. Once I got past the fear side of the learning curve, This 150 is a lot more fun than a smaller motor would've been. So again thanks.