Windshield for Four Winns 1996 205 Sundowner

Pistolpuma

Recruit
Hi! I've been looking all over for a starboard side windshield for my 1996 four winns 205 sundowner, stumbled upon this forum and thought maybe someone here could point me in the right direction / possibly have some tips! Thank you.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
welcome aboard.

with curved glass, your best bet is to find one on ebay or one of the places like great lakes skipper or some other old-stock surplus place.

you may even find a wrecked boat by searching craigslist.

some plastics places do well making curved replacements out of acrylic

Albee

Cadet
Send your boat serial number to the manufacture of your boat and ask for the windshield part number. That is what taylor glass told me to do for a replacment windshield.
Good luck
Al

Slip Away

Lieutenant
Four Winns does not support boats of that age any longer. Cut off is about year 2001. Save the phone call money for goggles.

h2odick

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Junkyard/Salvage yard or trashed parts boat is about your only chance.
Four Winns does not support boats of that age any longer. Cut off is about year 2001. Save the phone call money for goggles

This is incorrect. They go back to 1996. Look at their website, you can still look up parts for older boats on their website. We have been in touch with them very recently regarding everything from coaming pads, to vinyl trim, to bolstered seat upgrades.
Go to their website, and enter your HIN. Lemme know if you have any problems..
http://parts.fwdealer.com/

Last edited:

Slip Away

Lieutenant
It is correct., in many cases. After the bankruptcy, they lost many of the vendors they had in 1996
They still buy from Taylor Made, but having that windshield made would be
a special order, likely costing more than the boat itself. IF it is even possible. I say it is not, but worth a try I suppose,

Last edited: