How much does a 21' starcraft aluminum deep v cuddy cabin weigh?

momof5

Recruit
Having an issue with the motor. I'm curious on the weight of the boat for scrapping or would it be better to accept $600. for the boat and trailer with $1000. worth of parts just put into it. Very frustrating since no dealer can give me an idea what it weighs.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
A few weeks ago I stopped at a state truck inspection scale on I-5 and asked if I could pull my trailer onto the scale. The guy said, "sure". I have owned the boat since 1975 and never knew how much the whole mess weight. With a virtually empty boat and 30 gallons of gas on board, it weight out at about 3250 lbs.

64osby

Admiral
A Starcraft owner here had a big one that was too far gone. He stripped at all down and cut it into nice small pieces. The salvage yard paid him about $250 as I recall.

What ever your motor issue is it can be fixed or replaced. There is a ton of help here on the forums.

If there is no hope of you wanting to get it fixed I'm sure there would a few here that would love to get there hands on a nice big hunk of tin.

Welcome to the best boating site on the web.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Please sell the Islander to someone who will restore the boat, it's a huge amount of work for next to nothing to strip it down and sell as scrap metal. If they have to strip it down you'll get next to nothing for it.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Plenty of folks looking for a big tin project. Seriously you should be able to recoup your investment with a good hull. Even with engine problems. All of us tin heads hate to see the scrap man get a good platform for a resto.

Last edited:

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
what they said... fix it or sell it but don't scrap it..

That said you cannot sell it in the forums but you CAN get help fixing it if you want it.

jbcurt00

Staff member
How do you rile up of boat nerds?

Esp Starmadian tin-head boat nerds? :tinfoil3:

By starting a Topic like this and the liberal use of the words: Scrap value :watermelon: :confused: :grumpy:
30b.png
26a.png

Tnstratofam

Commander
Hopefully the op hasn't sent her to tin heaven just yet, and will use the vast knowledge of this iboats community to get her back on the water.

Tnstratofam

Commander
:whoo: Another Tin boat saved from the dreaded scrap man. Glad to hear you found a buyer.