newbie boat question

502ung

Cadet
I'm right in the middle of purchasing a 2015 Larson lx205s or a 2015 searay 190 sport.

Both boats are similar in features and price. I'm leaning towards the Larson but everything I read is the searay is a better all around boat.

any one have any advice on what a newb should do?

pckeen

Commander
What are your intended uses and what are the engines on the boats you are looking at. If you have the base 3.0 on the Searay, you may find that underpowered, particularly if you are intending to take a family out in it.

thumpar

Admiral
What engine packages? It seems that Sea Ray holds value longer but they also seem to have lost some of their quality in the smaller boat market.

502ung

Cadet
Both boats are 4.3 190hp

My plan is to use them with the family. Tubing, skiing etc.... 8 and 10 and year old

Larson has more features then the sea ray. And with the VEC construction on the Larson it seems like the way to go.

I've searched for reviews on the Larson but cant find any. Found one for the sea ray (2012) and it was good

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Get the one that fits your style. The one that just feels and looks right.

In the end, it will make you happier.

502ung

Cadet
The thing is I like the style of both of them. 2 sharp looking boats.

I just wonder about resale value in the future. How does the Larson compare to the Sea ray in that dept.?

Tnstratofam

Commander
Resale value will be determined by care and condition of the boat more than name brand. Take good care of an inexpensive boat, and it will hold its value better than an abused high end boat. Other than that name recognition may play a bit of a part in it for some future buyers. Ultimately you should buy the one most suited to your needs, and the like Roscoe said the one that you like better. Trying to buy a boat that's gonna hold its value is a gamble no matter what you buy. That's just my opinion though.

502ung

Cadet
Looked at 3 boats today. Larson by far is the best choice over the sea ray. Made the deal today