JOHNSON SEAHORSE

BOATRI

Cadet
HI I NEED ANY INFO ON THIS JOHNSON SEAHORSE MODEL NUMBER 50ESL75B WHAT YEAR IS IT AND WHAT TYPE OF PROP IT TAKES THANKS IN ADVANCE....

jbcurt00

Staff member
Probably be better served in the Johnson outboard forum. You can look up the parts and model info at Marine Engine dot com

jbcurt00

Staff member
BTW its a 50hp, long shaft, electric start, 1975 outboard

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
I have one of those, great lil engine. Uses a 13 tooth small gearcase prop. Size will depend on the boat it's going on.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
BTW, I also have an OEM manual for that engine so if you need help!

BOATRI

Cadet
sorry i took so long catch up but for the prop size its going on a 17 ft bass tracker pro series . dont know that much about props please help thanks

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
If it has a prop on it now the size should appear near the base of the blades or under the prop nut.
If you do a lightly loaded wide open throttle test; get us the prop size,wot rpm and gps speed we can tell if your setup is working.

YoungMind

Seaman
I'm coming up with either 13 or 15 pitch. Without prior running info it will be a guessing game though. maybe see if there is a prop shop near you that will let you test a prop.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
2 or 3 posts down from yours there is an almost identical setup. He settled on a 17" prop and is really happy.I think his is a 2000 motor
so very likely stronger than yours.
I'm inclined to suggest a 15" prop because if a 17 is too much you should just plain not use it for an extended period.
A 15 may over rev but you can throttle back to control rpm.It will give a strong hole shot and stay on plane easier at reduced throttle.