Looking at a used Sea Ray 225br

Mikeopsycho

Senior Chief Petty Officer
There's a boat surveyor at Little River Marina, West of Sorrento, I can't think of his name right now. I doubt he'd look at the engines though, most surveyors don't, at least the ones I've dealt with over the years. You might need to also hire a marine mechanic if you want the engine(s) checked out.

BF

Lieutenant
congrat's! It looks to be very well kept, so hopefully the survey just will confirm it's good condition, and you can enjoy it next season.... (or maybe the season doesn't end there in the winter?)

GCartwright

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks, we have rain pretty much straight thru from October to April with daytime temps around 40deg. The boat will be going directly into storage for the winter if the water test and survey are all good.

GCartwright

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Update: had the survey done and the dealer did a seaworthy evaluation and both came out very good. The only possible issue might be with the halon system as the green light never came on. The compression was noted as cylinders #1-7 at 120psi and #8 at 110psi. Not sure if the tech couldn't be bothered to read the gauge more accurately or if that's standard for the industry.
Once I had it in the water it was a done deal.
Pulled it across the scale at 5975lbs, 5600lbs on the trailer and 375 on the tongue so just over 6% with about half a tank of gas. This trailer was not originally sold with this boat and there appears to be a few things that will need to be adjusted or modified. I'm going to start a new thread in the trailer section.

Appreciate all the help. I've decided that this years boating season will be extended for a while.

Last edited: