Comparing fishfinder combo units

GAC112

Cadet
I am looking to get a 7" (or larger) touchscreen fishfinder, navigation combo unit (preferably with radar capability). I am trying to decide who has the best unit for the money: Garmin, Lowrance, Raymarine, SimRad? They all seem to be in the 1100-1200.00 range. Anyone have preferences and why? Thanks in advance for your help.

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
I like Lowrance,..........Mostly because it is what my friends run and what I learned to use and then bought for myself,........

The last couple of years have seen a bit of a swing to Huminbird in some of the tournament world and some of my friends now run those,..

Everyone seems happy with what they have I reckon,........

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
I personally do not think it makes a differeance as to brand. They all have quirks and failures and CS can be a crapshoot with any of them especially as they age. Remeber this, they are all in business to SELL new units NOT repair them. Which is also why every year or every couple years they come out with new features. It's called Planned Obsolescence.

My advice, pick a model with the features you desire and then go read reviews on those units and see how well those features work and how often those units fail.