1985 hydra sport vl 475 t NEED HELP!!!

So I just bought my first boat, and I need some help. I went to school for automotive, so I am not 100% dumb when it comes to working on things but boats are a hole new world. Also new to forums so any help is appreciated.

So I picked up this 85 hydra sport from a local business that bought it for the motor. They said all they did was take the motor off before they sold it to me. What I am really looking for is a repair manual for the boat. It has random wires in a few places. Does anyone know where I can find one? I have called hydra sport who said they sold the bass boats to Stratos. So I called them and they didn't have one either. There are a few things missing and being new to boats I have no idea what should be there along with the wiring. Any repair information will be helpful thanks

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Boat wiring diaghrams are starting to be come more standardized, but they are still way more simple and non-std than automobiles. I would simply draw a wiring diagram from scratch and match it to the residual wires. Remember, in a fiberglass boat you need to run ground wires to every user of electricity. In an auto, a lot of times (especially in American cars), the body is used as a ground.

Pick up some wiring (marine if you are using the boat in saltwater) and some crimp on ring terminals. Ign accessory power wire color is purple, black is ground, pink is fuel gauge sender, yellow/red is starter solenoid, black/yellow is ign killer, yellow/black is choke, grey is tach signal, red is +12VCD and red/purple is fused +12VDC.

crazybass

Recruit
I was curious ,I traded a hydra sport in that had a good motor and bad wiring. They are great boats and with a 150 are pretty fast and handle very well. Mine was tan and silver

crazybass

Recruit
I traded mine in at Caroline coach and marine, the transom was shot as was the wiring. Has a lot of good parts may be worth checking out. I never saw that they tried to sell it. It also had a very strong 150 black max on it ,new trolling motor gauges and all pumps