My free craigslist boat

mmetzger1028

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The wife and I live a block from a nice little lake that is electric only. So I started searching the free craigslist ad trying to find a nice fixer upper that we could take out and enjoy the water with. Found a free 1977 Windrose 18 sailboat with trailer. Brought her home cleaned her up and she turned out great! Let me know if the pics don't work.

1.jpg 2.jpg 4.jpg 7.jpg 3.jpg 6.jpg 5.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Simple - When you do the up load, you also have to make a size selection. pic upload.JPG

Or you end up with this

Attachments

• sail.jpg
    sail.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
All I did when I edited you first post was make a size selection to display the hull pic. In my post #4 with the hull pic, I saved the pic after clicking the 5.jpg link in the Attached file box, uploaded it as an attachment and selected a size.

mmetzger1028

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Not sure if the pics are working now or not, but I even made a sweet lil deck on the top with room for two chairs.

mmetzger1028

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Came with everything but the mast and boom which were stolen. I wasn't interested in fixing it back up as a sailboat. Just wanted to make it a fun lil party barge/fishing boat for the small local lakes.

Water logged

Petty Officer 1st Class
Great job of cleaning up that boat. What is the thrust of the trolling motor, and does it move the boat ok?

Glenn

mmetzger1028

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Its a 55lbs thrust motor and it works really really well. It will take the boat at about a light jogging speed. Especially with the 4D battery, I went from a decent marine battery that would only last 1 hr to this used 4D battery from Craigslist and it will go a straight 8 hours. ROCKS~!

mmetzger1028

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I need to get a better shot if the interior as well. cleaned and power washed the hell out of it and painted the interior a nice baby blue. Looks great. The red cushions I got on sale a Home depot for $20 each, which if you've ever tried to purchase lounge cushions before, they are normally $60-$100 each. So it all came out great and didn't cost as much as I was thinking it would

64osby

Admiral
A two fisted drinker. :eek:

Great job cleaning her up.

Two questions-

How do you get pizza delivery on the lake? I can't get anyone to deliver to my house.

How do you anchor it? don't see any cleats.

NittanyDoug

Cadet
I'd say that's a great boat for what you want to do! Looks like you have the enjoying it part well under hand. Who needs cleats for an anchor? Just put a trolling motor with the "anchor" function on it and you're good to go as long as you have the battery to run it. lol.