2004 Bayliner 175 - Not Starting

It ran fine on Saturday, but when I turned the key on Sunday I got nothing, almost as if the throttle wasn't in neutral. In the past it may have taken a turn or two of the key before it would turn over, but it would always eventually catch. I am at a loss as to where I should start testing. Ignition? Throttle/neutral switch? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Haha! Touché, I would hope that would be the obvious first place to look, but maybe I am being assuming. The battery is fully charged and I have power on the dash panel when the key is turned halfway.

oldjeep

Admiral
Power to the dash does not mean that you have enough to start the boat, or even pull in the solenoid. When you say fully charged - you had it on a charger?

If you are sure that the battery is charged, next thing to check would be the lanyard switch - make sure it is ON, if it is ON then make sure that it actually has continuity.

Then check the big resettable breaker on the side of the motor.

After that then check the fusable thing on the starter terminal for continuity

oldjeep

Admiral
There is a square block at the end of the positive battery cable - at least there was on the 2005 that I had - some sort of fuseable link. All you need to do to test is to take your multimeter and set it to continuity. Then probe the starter terminal and the positive connection on the battery to make sure there is continuity. Alternately you could just check for voltage there between the starter lug and a ground.

oldjeep

Admiral
If that checks out then the only other thing I can think of is a loose connection on the ignition switch or a loose connection on the start terminal of the starter.