Older Ranger Boat built in Docking Lines

brusk

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I've finally gotten my more serious boat issues fixed the past few years and figured i'd focus on the lesser issues. I've moved to eastern TN and found a nice marina that I can dock at and stop in for a bite. I now realized that I'd never gotten around to fixing the built in dock lines, does anybody still sell these or is there an easy way to repair them? One doesn't want to pull out and the other doesn't want to easily go back it.

Fastatv

Petty Officer 1st Class
I've finally gotten my more serious boat issues fixed the past few years and figured i'd focus on the lesser issues. I've moved to eastern TN and found a nice marina that I can dock at and stop in for a bite. I now realized that I'd never gotten around to fixing the built in dock lines, does anybody still sell these or is there an easy way to repair them? One doesn't want to pull out and the other doesn't want to easily go back it.
Just curious, Douglas or Cherokee? I ask because I'm in East TN as well...

brusk

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I'll have to get some pictures. It's basically like a T handle or more like the top part of a Y that unscrews and then you pull the rope out the center of the Y and it has some sort of weight on the bottom that is supposed to help pull it back in. You pull the amount you need out and then tighten the handle and in compresses on the rope.

I'm in Cleveland/Charleston TN area.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
you most likely will have to tear what you have down to repair OR purchase new that fits the holes or bigger

MRS

Commander
Can you put a photo of it? Did you check with Ranger?

brusk

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Here's a picture of the dock line. I guess it must have been a dealer installed option as Ranger said they didn't install anything from the factory. If that's the case I can either find something close to thing or another style that fits in the about 1" holes that are already there.
0907141220_resized_zps070fd609.jpg

Last edited: