Rinker Festiva 212 Specs/information

chartersj

Petty Officer 1st Class
Good day, i am looking for information on the Rinker 212 festiva cuddy. Where these decent boats with any issues? I cannot find how much dead rise there hulls have. I ride in the ocean and my searay 200 with 15 degrees dead rise tends to pound more often then not. I am also considering a baja 232 but im not sure if im ready to move up to a big block fuel bill. Any help would be appreciated. thanks!

Last edited:

Slip Away

Lieutenant
It will be little if no improvement in rougher condition than your SR was. Here is a quote from a 212 owner "The boat handles well in smooth water at high speeds. When waters are rougher, this boat has a tendency to smack down after hitting a wave or wake, and send loose items flying."
The Baja will be a night and day difference, but not a boat I would want to maintain. Look instead for a Rinker 232 Captiva Cuddy

Last edited:

chartersj

Petty Officer 1st Class
Just curious as to why the baja would be more maintenance? Most captiva 232's also have the 7.4L engine as well dont they?

chartersj

Petty Officer 1st Class
I was also looking at a 03 maxum 2100 sc. I see they have 20 degrees at the transome. I think 23 foot is just getting a little bigger than i want because i have to trailer everytime i go.