Boat ramp lockout

oldjeep

Admiral
I can only imagine the ramp rage that would have happened at some of the ramps where I live. Glad it worked out for you.

I think I would have wound up busting out one of the cheap back door windows ;) In the past when I locked myself out of a different truck I was able to just pop the slider window and crawl in, but the new truck has the fancy and uber expensive electric rear slider - wouldn't risk messing with it.

Starcraft5834

Lieutenant Commander
I think I would have wound up busting out one of the cheap back door windows ;) In the past when I locked myself out of a different truck I was able to just pop the slider window and crawl in, but the new truck has the fancy and uber expensive electric rear slider - wouldn't risk messing with it.

I was prepared to do just that if need be... fortunately, it was early on a weekday and the garage guy was there in 15 mins... truck key copy being made on same floaty ring with boat key :lock1:

Cap'nHandy

Seaman
I think everyone has done something like that. I locked myself out of the new car, and it was starting to rain. Would have not been too bad but the top was down...:drum:

On the _real_ side, having all windows open allows you to hear, and see better. Also turn off the radio, never know when / if someone else on the ramp may do something dumb, or someone may slip, etc. Being able to hear others could save a life or prevent bad injury. I have seen some pretty stupid antics on the ramp by others, who have zero comprhension of what is going on or who is doing what. One guy went behind my backing up boat and trailer about 2 weeks ago - IN THE WATER.. He slipped and fell on the slick algae. I saw him as he was scrambling to swim out of the way.

On my boat, I can have premature self launch. I dont undo the safety chain till the back end of the boat is far enough in the water to float the boat. Then a short 5 foot back - hard stop! and she is in the water. Makes solo launch a piece of cake, but an unsuspecting ( or stupid! ) person could end up in a bad place.

Cheers!

Blaine

bspeth

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I also leave the windows down,but I keep a key for each vehicle in my tackle box.

snowman48047

Petty Officer 1st Class
I always roll the window down. I have a spare truck key in the tackle bag with my fishing gear. I have a spare boat key in the center console in the truck. I have a backup 9.9 kicker. I have a backup 3 gallon portable fuel tank. I think I'm covered. Right up untill I'm not....

phillyg

Petty Officer 1st Class
Don't feel too bad. You could have done it on a busy weekend! You're not alone. I rushed my take out last weekend and forgot to raise the motor. Mr. Helper came along to tell me the skeg dragged twice. Wow, did I feel stupid.