Seeking opinions on replacement fridge

smbuca

Recruit
Hi everyone, new to the group here.
My Isotherm CR49 fridge crapped out on me, looking to replace rather than repair as it's seen better days. While searching for replacements I ran across the TF49 made by TruckFridge.
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this brand. It has a Danfoss compressor and from all the pics I see, it looks like a rebadged Isotherm. I found it for $499 shipping included on an Auto website and that beats the heck out of any price I can find on the better known brands. I'm only finding this brand on trucking and rv websites so would there be any reason this wouldn't work in my boat? Thanks

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
biggest thing I see is it's DC only...

it may not be a corrosion protected as a marine unit but for the cost savings as long as you don't mind the lack od AC power ability I'd say go for it

smbuca

Recruit

Thanks Kevin,,yeah, the dc only is fine as that's what my current cr49 is. Good price on the Norcold but it's much too large for the hole I've got to put it in. The price on the TF49 made it look too good to be true after searching through $600-$800 brands. Read on an RV forum that someone purchased this unit and the manual inside the fridge was an Indel Marine manual which is who made my current Isotherm unit. Who knows, I may get lucky and save myself a few hundred on this.