Boat Interior Question

meder24

Seaman
This is my first post on the site so I apologize if it is in the incorrect area.

I recently purchased a 1987 Thompson Cutlass 165, as my first boat. While mechanically the boat is in great shape, the interior needs some work. This is no problem as I have been redoing car interiors for years.
However, my question is in regards to the rear seats in the boat. The vertical portion of the rear seats, adjacent the motor, are attached to the engine cover. The actual horizontal seat portion can be place lower as a seat or raised up to level with the top of the engine cover to make a sort of sun deck.

My question is what is the proper name for a seat like this? The vertical and horizontal portions are not connected so I do not think it is a noraml jump seat of sorts. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

oldjeep

Admiral
Sundeck seat? Never heard of any official name for that type of seating, usually it is standard seating (what you have) or sport seating - big bench in front of the motor.

meder24

Seaman
Thank you for the response. It is looking more and more like I will just have to have them redone as they are as opposed to finding something new to buy.

oldjeep

Admiral
Thank you for the response. It is looking more and more like I will just have to have them redone as they are as opposed to finding something new to buy.

You won't find anything new to buy, they would have been custom for the boat. Only loungers and helm seats can really be had aftermarket.

crb478

Lieutenant Junior Grade
We always called them jump seats, and most I have seen were just simple plywood that fit into a slot or rested on a support. Fairly simple to recreate, especially if there is enough left for a pattern.

meder24

Seaman
Yes, mine is a piece of plywood with a cushion on it that has two different heights it can be set at. I have actually located a newer type jump seat that the bottom cushion can be separated from the vertical back portion. I think I am going to utilize this in some way to replace mine.