Removing interior, cant get shifter off.

jlucas209

Seaman Apprentice
Hello, I was hoping it would be a simple screw or something and the handle would slip right off, but I've unscrewed all visable screws and still nothing.. I was hoping to avoid dismantling the whole assembly, but is that what I'm most likely going to have to do? Boat is 1985 Webbcraft Dynasty with a Merc 350

PS: what do the trailer and throttle buttons do?

Attachments

• photo207354.jpg
    photo207354.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 0

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hello, I was hoping it would be a simple screw or something and the handle would slip right off, but I've unscrewed all visable screws and still nothing.. I was hoping to avoid dismantling the whole assembly, but is that what I'm most likely going to have to do? Boat is 1985 Webbcraft Dynasty with a Merc 350

PS: what do the trailer and throttle buttons do?
Pull the center black plug and youll see the nut to remove handle. Then your gonna need to remove the four screws holding face to back of mechinism

81 Checkmate

Lieutenant
As i said in your other post...there is a allen set screw in the very bottom of the handle.......unplug the wires and remove the allen screw...wiggle the handle and pull straight out...it will come off........ Then remove 4 screws on the SQ plate thats attached to your side panel and that will seperate to two to get it off the panel.

jlucas209

Seaman Apprentice
Hi Checkmate, I removed the wires but didnt see an allen screw anywhere, but now that I think about it, I dont remember if I was looking at the very bottom of it, I will check it out later. Thanks