wanted help buying cabin cruiser

wayne&char

Cadet
Wow, that's crazy there are no diesel boats. Well thanks for the heads up , I think we will have to rethink our choices. If u don't mind me asking where is yr private dock located? Are there many private docks there? That would be nice to have. We are looking in the blind bay area, we are moving down from fsj. Thanks again

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
very few diesel boats in the 30' range. however as indicated, you may be hard pressed to find diesel on the lake.

tpenfield had listed the same brands that I would listed, also adding Carver and Silverton

If you are set on diesels, some of the carvers in the 30' range came with twin Cummins QSB's as an option.

In your climate for what you want I would be looking at something with a proper salon, not an express. I can tell you on our express cruiser when the weather turns that cabin gets tight fast with 2 people, let alone 4+. There are <30' trailer-able fly bridge style boats. Bayliner made some as did Penn-Yan.

There are guys at our dock with diesel boats that have their fuel delivered. There is gas but no diesel at the marina. Since diesel isn't explosive like gas delivery is allowed. Ends up being cheaper than the gas at the dock per gallon. Might be something to look into. I haven't ever seen a diesel boat with an outdrive though, only inboards.

moosekoot

Cadet
We live in Chase and our neighbourhood has the private dock which we maintain. Do not see many of them unless they are part of a development. Blind Bay has 3 marinas where you can slip boats. I would guess a 30fter would cost about 2500 for the season. Some of the homes there have their own buoys which is another option. You may want to check the area out before buying the boat. Blind Bay is a nice area, but very busy around Copper Island.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
http://www.calibreyachts.com/power-i...s-4695242#info

And before anyone says it..... No this boat is not underpowered. I have been on one several times, and it is fine with 4 to 6 people on board, and gets on plane nicely.

Actually twin 4.3 seems would be nice for space and fuel. 450 ttl hp and guessing its less than a 10' beam. And 28' now is about 25' in my era boats.

but agree with transamconvert I would not go EC in Canada. Our 34' with 13' beam got cozy with 4 people even with full canvas.