2014 Traker Pro Guide V16 Walkthru Livewell Drain Thru-hull Fitting

barticus73

Cadet
I have a 2014 Traker Pro Guide V16 Walkthru and I noticed alot of water come out when I removed the drain plug a substantial amount of water came out. So, I start looking around and found the trhu-hall fitting for the front livewell drain was damaged somehow. I still am unsure how it was damaged but I guess that's not the issue. My question is, does anyone know how to access this fitting from inside this model boat to do the repair? I pulled the access panel under the steering wheel and it doesn't get me low enough in the hull to access this specific fitting. Any ideas would be appreciated. I haven't contacted the dealer yet so that is an option but I hate to think what the labor cost will be to replace a cheap fitting like this.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Jerry

Last edited:

fishrdan

Admiral
Looks like you ran over something in the water. OR, maybe loaded the boat crooked and hung the fitting on a trailer bunk?

That's going to be a royal PITA to repair as everything above it will need to be removed.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
They say......." it doesn't matter about the hardware quality or the builder's reputation.........."

A plastic fitting below the water line is bad......downright dangerous. Totally unacceptable. Shame on Tracker......

Last edited:

barticus73

Cadet
Lucked out. Went to my local dealer (not bass pro) and after beating our heads for a bit decided to try to remove the center section of flooring. It was very very tight but it finally came up and there was the fitting easy as can be to replace. Charged me an hour of labor and I was on my way. I like when you get lucky and things work out.