Owners Manual

Steve Rainwater

Recruit
I am looking for a copy of the owners manual for a 2000 TR21 (Triton). Triton says they are no longer available.... I would be more than happy to reimburse someone to copy and send to me.

Steve Rainwater

Recruit
Right now I am looking to find the access to the fuel tank sending unit. I think the float is sticking and may need to be replaced. I also need a depiction of the wiring diagram.

Steve Rainwater

Recruit
What exactly are you looking for in the manual?

Right now I am looking for access to the fuel sending unit. I think the float is sticking and may need to be replaced. I am also looking for a depiction of the wiring diagram... Timer on the recirculation switch does not work and the switch itself does not light up like the other switches... I know I need a pot timer but I think the switch may be bad too.

Fleetwin

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I doubt the owners manual would have been that specific, especially wiring diagrams. OM's tend to focus more on basic controls and boat handling rather than repairs.

I think you're on your own regarding the wiring/electrical issues. You can probably get better answers in the Electrical section down below.

As for the sending unit. Your tank should have three access points (Fill, gauage, and outlet). Many times those access points arew under a round deck plate. Usually the size of a small frisbee. The guage is typically in the middle of the tank. If you can figure out where the middle is, start digging there. It may be under a seat or other component.

Last edited:

Steve Rainwater

Recruit
I doubt the owners manual would have been that specific, especially wiring diagrams. OM's tend to focus more on basic controls and boat handling rather than repairs.

I think you're on your own regarding the wiring/electrical issues. You can probably get better answers in the Electrical section down below.

As for the sending unit. Your tank should have three access points (Fill, gauage, and outlet). Many times those access points arew under a round deck plate. Usually the size of a small frisbee. The guage is typically in the middle of the tank. If you can figure out where the middle is, start digging there. It may be under a seat or other component.

My concern with the fuel tank is accessing the appropriate area. Surely you don't have to tear out the live wells or something like that. You mention an Electrical section down below. I just don't see anything in your post re: down below... Thanks for the reply though..

kjsAZ

Chief Petty Officer
Unfortunately most boat manuals are nothing but CYA papers for the corporate lawyers and not very useful for the owners. If you are lucky they contain a schematic which may be close to what's in the boat. I have seen many of them and not a single one worth the paper it was printed on.
As was mentioned above boats are assembled without service in mind (most of them).
Last year a guy in my neighborhood brought his brand new boat to the first service and they couldn't change the oil filter as it didn't come out. You could unscrew it a bit but then it hit fiberglass. Engines are installed before the cap goes on which makes it easy for them to do the installation. We had to cut off the filter (big mess!) and find a 1/2" shorter equivalent to change the filter which is so cramped in that it's very difficult to even get there. That's boat building technology!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
I am looking for a copy of the owners manual for a 2000 TR21 (Triton). Triton says they are no longer available.... I would be more than happy to reimburse someone to copy and send to me.

Well call them back and ask if anyone knows where the access is or how to access it.

Steve Rainwater

Recruit
Well call them back and ask if anyone knows where the access is or how to access it.

Yup, I called them and talked to a tech. He told me the access to the fuel sending unit is right behind the center seat back. Thanks for the help guys!