1996 Tracker Pro 18 Jet

nrowles

Cadet
Also, uses will be mainly rivers that get low in the summer and also lakes at times.

Brian 26

Chief Petty Officer
Looks like a cool boat and the price seems reasonable, there aren't many of those around so nailing down market value might be tough. They put those mercury jet motors in a lot of boats in the early 90s, I would read up on them as some models were lemons I believe. Some models had a problem with a plastic shaft on the oil pump breaking and seizing the motor.

The guy says he doesn't have time to put it in the water, I'm assuming he means you can't test drive it. That is a big big red flag. You probably should test drive any used boat, you REALLY should test drive an older jet boat. Can he wife or brother go with the for the test drive? Let us know what happens.

RadarJet

Cadet
That appears to be a fairly good deal, but I would still be cautious without a test drive. You can check the linkages and cables on land, but really need it in water to assess the engine. There are lots of Tracker Jets in Missouri and many go for a higher price. Make sure to check the framing wood for rot and the foam to see if it is waterlogged. Might see if you could give him a few hundred as a down payment before a test drive, and he keeps the titles until you return with full payment.
Good luck.