1996 used Crownline 225BR

Loggainsd

Cadet
Found this today. https://fortsmith.craigslist.org/boa/4561499957.html nada lists it at 9k ish. I was just wondering what you all would expect as a decent offer. It does say there is only 40 hours on the motor. I believe it is a 22foot .

As a side note, I am wanting either a bowrider or deck boat. I found this deck boat (19ft) as well and nada is right around asking https://littlerock.craigslist.org/boa/4571681044.html. What would be a good offer on it? And how well can I expect a 135horse engine to perform top speed wise?

Mostly looking for a boat to pull a skiier or wakeboarder as well as something to party on.

Slip Away

Lieutenant
No more than 10K for the Crownie. Re-built motor obviously and I would want to see receipts for the work that was done to it.
No swim platform on the Crownline, which would be nice to have for "partying"
Normally I would recommend the higher HP engine boat, but in this case, the Sea Ray looks like a better boat to me. More room, and
just enough power to pull a skier, but not ideal as a watersports boat having a deckboat type hull. Still for $9K, it's worth it if engine and hull check out to be solid after a survey is done.

tpenfield

Staff member
380 hp is a bit ambitious for a 350 ci engine in a boat configuration. I would assume it is a custom performance engine, so perhaps ask a bunch of questions about that.

oldjeep

Admiral
I'm not sure what makes that Searay a deck boat. Sure doesn't look like one

Brian 26

Chief Petty Officer
The Searay Sundecks aren't as "decky" as some other models, especially in a 19' version, but they do have a front swim deck.

380 hp is a bit ambitious for a 350 ci engine in a boat configuration. I would assume it is a custom performance engine, so perhaps ask a bunch of questions about that.

I was thinking that same thing, the mercruiser and volvo 350 engines are up to 320 HP from the factory so where is this guy getting his number. Possibly a junk yard engine that he built himself and is estimating the HP?? Not saying it's a deal breaker but I would proceed with caution.

Loggainsd

Cadet
I was thinking the same on HP. Thanks. I was thinking it was way too high as well. I'll investigate the rebuilt engine part but was leaning toward the searay as well. Thanks for all of your input!

thumpar

Admiral
The engine might be a 350 mpi with 280hp but no way 380hp. I have the 202. They are basically the same boat with a couple foot difference. Crownlines are great boats but like any other boat if it wasn't taken care of brand name doesn't matter. It is also overpriced. I would put it a 10k tops in really really good shape.

tpenfield

Staff member

Party barge . . . . interesting restroom configuration. I suppose they are all like that to some extent. :)

Again, not much can be gleamed from pictures other than real obvious stuff. Condition is everything, and it is what is below the surface that counts. So, if you go look at any of these, stick your iPhone in places you can't easily see and take a bunch of photos.

Slip Away

Lieutenant
Yep, a barge for flat water conditions only. Lot's of room, if that is all you really want.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
i've got a buddy selling a 2000 202 Crown in really good shape for only $8500 so I'd say that $14 is way high

Loggainsd

Cadet
thanks again. It will be used in a calm lake only so water conditions are too much concern. I just didn't know how it would fare pulling a tube or skiier.