EZ Port 4 with Extension capacity

ezimmerm

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Anyone ever use a ez port with a boat? I have one that weighs 2400lbs but the ez dock capacity is 2000lbs. The guy is practically giving it away...any one know if this would work?

I realize its over the capacity, not recommended etc...but I'm looking to see if anyone has actually done this. It'll cost me roughly 1/3 of what a 3000lb dock would cost me.

Bondo

Staff member
Anyone ever use a ez port with a boat? I have one that weighs 2400lbs but the ez dock capacity is 2000lbs. The guy is practically giving it away...any one know if this would work?

I realize its over the capacity, not recommended etc...but I'm looking to see if anyone has actually done this. It'll cost me roughly 1/3 of what a 3000lb dock would cost me.

Ayuh,.... How 'bout a few hints on just what an EZ Port 4 is, for those of Us who have No clue what yer talkin' 'bout,..??

oldjeep

Admiral
Ayuh,.... How 'bout a few hints on just what an EZ Port 4 is, for those of Us who have No clue what yer talkin' 'bout,..??

One of those plastic docks that you park a boat on top of.

In answer to the original poster. You might get away with it, but why risk it when you say you are 20% over capacity?

Bondo

Staff member
One of those plastic docks that you park a boat on top of.

In answer to the original poster. You might get away with it, but why risk it when you say you are 20% over capacity?

Ayuh,...... Gotcha,.... I'd think it'll float 20% Lower in the water,....

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
I suspect that at best what you'll find is that when you step on it, it'll sink or possibly it will have water over it at all times... Have you actually weighed your boat? Or are you counting on published dry weight being reality?

Last edited:

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
I figured that it wouldn't be too difficult to add a little extra buoyancy.
Checked on their web site.
It says :
  • Supplemental flotation available for added buoyancy
Don't want to spend the extra $ , you should be able to add a little extra floatation rather easily.