New Rinker or New Regal?

pbarx

Cadet
Hi Guys, i am trying to choose over a new Rinker 246cc and a new Regal 2550. The Regal is three month old so strangley enough its only just more expensive than the rinker. I am really struggling to decide, the Rinker seems to have lots of storage and a great cuddy space but there are some really poor bits in terms of quality of construction, the Regal however seems to be built very well but has hardly any storage and a bare cuddy, Any help would be great!

Thanks in advance PBARX

airdvr1227

Lieutenant Commander
Regal. I don't think the two are comparable on quality. If the Rinker layout works better you'll have to live with it awhile.

pbarx

Cadet
Hi airdvr1227

Thanks for the reply, so its not just me the Regal really is in a better class? The Rinker has the DTS Mercruiser and the Regal just the standard Mercruiser, any thoughts?

Thanks PBARX

pbarx

Cadet
Hi lakegeorge

I did see some fairly significant qiality issues with the RInker.Do you know if the Fast track hull peforms on the sea?

airdvr1227

Lieutenant Commander
Never been a fan of computers when it comes to being on the water. If I get stranded I don't want it to be because Bill Gates can't get his s**t straight. Fastrax hull? Marketing. If you want an eye opener figure out which rig weighs more. I think you'll see there's more glass in the Regal. Rinker's are made by Nautic Global Group. Same company that makes Hurricanes and Polar Kraft. I used to sell Hurricanes and the build quality was just average. Even the owner of the company had a Regal as his personal ride.

tpenfield

Staff member
Regal . . .

Tell us about the "3 months old" part though . . .

Last edited:
Odd, reading the posts so far, it sounds like you want us to talk you out of the Regal because you know its a better boat, but hate the layout.

To me, function trumps everything. This being said, neither is a bad boat. It's not like you're asking "Should I get the 3-month old Regal, or a 1977 Sea Ray Cuddy".

pbarx

Cadet
Thanks for the info guys it definitely helped. I have gone for the Regal.unfortunately the owner that bought it in May this year has been diagnosed with cancer so it was for sale on brokerage with 2 hours on engine and three months old. I will post pictures as soon as I get chance. This is only my second boat so any tips on what to check and ask on date of collection would be great. Thanks again,pics to follow

2 hours on engine and 3 months old doesn't sound like there will be a lot to check.

Put it in the water, and have fun.

pbarx

Cadet
No Title

Ok guys worked it out. Here are the pics of the new boat. Not collected it yet.

Attachments

• photo204714.jpg
    photo204714.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo204715.jpg
    photo204715.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo204716.jpg
    photo204716.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 0

Slip Away

Lieutenant
Nice looking boat. Did you get it for under the $75K MSRP ? Nice upgrade for your 2nd boat.

pbarx

Cadet
Hi slip away, I'm in the Uk so I paid just over this and included power arch, windlass, premier black hull and all covers and camper enclosure. Would the 75000 dollars include these extras?

Slip Away

Lieutenant
Probably be closer to $80K with those options here in the States. But that is MSRP. Knowone pays MSRP these days. Realistic pricing should be
less than $75K.