Getting water in my boat

I recently had the bellows and everything there replaced as it was leaking. Now I'm still getting water in my boat, just not as much. Could it be coming in through my live well inlet at the transom even though the live well pump is not working?

Fleetwin

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I recently had the bellows and everything there replaced as it was leaking. Now I'm still getting water in my boat, just not as much. Could it be coming in through my live well inlet at the transom even though the live well pump is not working?

It sure can, not to mention:

1. Drain plug.
2. Transom assembly (drive mount).
3. Engine cooling water (hoses, etc.).

One way to check is to actually put some water IN your boat and see where it leaks OUT.

airshot

Rear Admiral
Put your boat in the water, grab a flashlight and look......you should be able to find where the leak is. To many possibilities to guess so get down in there and look around, have someone drive the boat around and see if that produces any leaks

Bifflefan

Commander
As a temp test you can put some silicone around where the transom shield meets the transom. If that stops the leak then you most likely have a rotten transom and the out drive is moving around and letting in water.
Drive it kinda easy when checking or it can flex so much as to let in water anyway.