Astroglass live well

Status
Not open for further replies.

keithm1961

Seaman Apprentice
I hope I'm posting this in the right forum. I just bought a 1987 astroglass 178v, I didn't really buy it for the boat I bought it for the evinrude xp150, I got more then my monies worth. My intention is to put that motor on my baja ski boat. Before I do the swap I wanted to do some engine testing. What I have found while looking at the boat is that except for one storage compartment the boat is very solid. My question is for the bass boat guys, this thing has 4 live wells in it, 1 in the bow 1 in the left stern 1 in the right stern and 1 right between the 2 stern wells. The one in the middle has an aerator and 2 overflows in the top, the other 3 have a rubber plug in the bottom. Under the bow are what appear to be 2 drain fittings just below the gunwhale at the stern on both sides are 2 more fittings. What is to keep the boat from filling with water when I put in? The other thing is there are 3 drains in the stern for the bilge, the center one has a hose with a cable operated valve. How do I fill the wells and then drain them? I know this is probably basic but I am not a fisherman. Thanks Keith

Neotrion

Cadet
I hope I'm posting this in the right forum. I just bought a 1987 astroglass 178v, I didn't really buy it for the boat I bought it for the evinrude xp150, I got more then my monies worth. My intention is to put that motor on my baja ski boat. Before I do the swap I wanted to do some engine testing. What I have found while looking at the boat is that except for one storage compartment the boat is very solid. My question is for the bass boat guys, this thing has 4 live wells in it, 1 in the bow 1 in the left stern 1 in the right stern and 1 right between the 2 stern wells. The one in the middle has an aerator and 2 overflows in the top, the other 3 have a rubber plug in the bottom. Under the bow are what appear to be 2 drain fittings just below the gunwhale at the stern on both sides are 2 more fittings. What is to keep the boat from filling with water when I put in? The other thing is there are 3 drains in the stern for the bilge, the center one has a hose with a cable operated valve. How do I fill the wells and then drain them? I know this is probably basic but I am not a fisherman. Thanks Keith
Did you ever find an answer? I have the same boat with same question.

Status
Not open for further replies.