Padded Folding Boat Seat Question

Slayer33

Seaman Apprentice
Hello,

I am looking for some input to anyone who has experience with folding padded boat seats. I am looking at getting a couple of these seats for my mariner 4, I am going to put them onto 13" pedestals with quick release swivels. I will have a 55# trolling motor on the boat and the passengers all weigh between 150-200lbs.

What I have noticed is that in my search for these types of folding seats, is that there seems to be a slight difference in the ones that are available to me. The first is the Bass Pro Shops version and another is one from a company called Action Products. The only difference that I can see is that the Bass Pro Shops version has an extra support at the center of the back rest where it attaches to the seat bottom. I attached a picture of the difference, I am wondering if anyone has any input on which seat is better and if that support really does anything. Right now I can get the Action Products version (without center support) for $38 and the Bass Pro Shops version is $53. So almost 30% more $.

I have read some good and some bad reviews, mainly that the seats can crack at the hinges in some cases, I don't have a fast enough boat to put much force into the seat backs so I feel that this shouldn't be an issue, and to just make my passenger aware to not lean back to hard on the seat back if that is what causes the potential failure..

Last edited:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
As you know, you get what you pay for and that's especially true with boat seats.

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander
There is nothing worse than a crappy seat while bouncing around on the lake. If there is a place to spend a few extra $ I would do it here. Buy the best seats your budget will allow, heck I'd even "spring" for the new air ride post's if I could.

Slayer33

Seaman Apprentice
Hmmm...well I don't want uber fancy seats, I want the folding type which are light and not too big. I ordered a set from Cabelas in the end, hopefully they will be sufficient. Thanks!

airshot

Rear Admiral
I have the wise seats from cabelas, had them for three years with no problems.