Deck boat recommendations?

7lazy77

Petty Officer 1st Class
I am looking at purchasing a used deck boat (2000-2007) around 22'-23' long & would like to stay around $25,000. I see that there are many different makes (Chaparral, Tahoe, Monterey, etc.). From the research I have done so far, it appears that Chaparral is the "top of the line", but was curious to see if there were any other recommended brands I should consider & brands I should watch out for? Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:

Slip Away

Lieutenant
Hurricane has been making them longer than most builders.Also look at Southwind (if you prefer outboard power) and Sea Ray 220SD and 240SD.

southkogs

Staff member
Nothing wrong with lookin' at Chap, Monterey or Tahoe ... but Hurricane came first to mind on a deck boat for me too.

Maclin

Admiral
The Glastron DX series are worth considering I think. I looked at a couple of those, seemed to be a good layout and build quality. I also liked the 1998-2000+ Bayliner Rendesvous, nice layout and access but aging now.

doyall

Petty Officer 1st Class
... it appears that Chaparral is the "top of the line", ...

Probably real good boats overall but ....

In any case, condition should be your driving force, not perceived ranking.

The Crownline EX series may be worth a look as well.

keep'rwet

Recruit
we have a 2000 Mariah Jubilee z244 deck boat and absolutly love it and it seems very well made

theBrownskull

Chief Petty Officer
I have a Tahoe 216Wt and it works great for the family. I like the front platform with the ladder the best.