Ski Brendella Windshield

tkanady

Recruit
Hello

I just purchased a 1994 Ski Brendella Pro Comp. It is missing the windshield and after doing a little searching I have not been able to locate one. Does anyone know where I should look? Or where the best place to get a new frame built would be? Any advice helps, thank you very much.

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,.... Have ya tried Brendella,..??

Is/ was it flat glass, or curved,..??

tkanady

Recruit
It is a curved glass windshield

As far as I know Brendella no longer exists. I think they became calibri if I'm not mistaken. I have not contacted them yet, I was told most companies did not make extra reproduction parts and it would be difficult to find an exact match. Seems like it will be more of a "that will work" sort of thing. Not really sure. Anyone else who has experience with this of any kind please share your thoughts/opinion. Thank you.

thumpar

Admiral
You might try calling Taylor Made. They make most of the windshields for boats.

tkanady

Recruit
UPDATE: I looked into Taylor made, seemed like a good company and got a great response but was not interested in spending 3,000-4,000 dollars on a windshield. I ended up just finding a metal shop that could straighten out the frame and do a little patch work and then made a template out of cardboard and had Tap Plastics cut out the windows and it worked great for a fraction of the cost. The side window was tricky because of a compound curve but I got a thinner piece of plastic for that piece and was able to force it into the frame and screw it into place. It isn't perfect but it looks pretty darn good. Took it out for a water test and it held up great, no rattles or movement at all.