Upholstery guy apparently thinks I'm blind.

airshot

Rear Admiral
If he was cheaper than the others then you got what you payed for however if his cost was in line with other professionals then get some money back. I have settled for some fair upholstery jobs in the past but the price was right and the boat was not very fancy. The old story....you get what you pay for............they do not look real professional and I would not pay a premium but if his price was cheap then they don't look that bad....then again I haven't seen the rest of the boat either......

thumpar

Admiral
It looks like some of it can be fixed but the parts that are multi color will need to be redone to be right. Have you talked to them?

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
wow.

I think the blind monkey has been drinking vodka

Last edited:

jimmy wise

Petty Officer 1st Class
un acceptable....i question 30years unless hes 80 and blind......first nothing is patterned right and the foam isnt been steamed they used minimal sew foam. the back to backs are all the same. you make one pattern and make the same covers. cancel ccard

Turn-n-Burn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Yes I paid him full, and he wasn't the cheapest. I will not let him try to fix it, they all need to be redone from scratch. I will get my satisfaction in other ways.
wink.gif

I looked at his gallery of pictures that he's done on the same model boat I have. Had to have been done by someone else.
lol.gif

The motor box and back to back seat base has no foam what so ever, just plain vinyl over wood.

Fortunately for me and unfortunately for my cousin, he has a year newer model than me and didn't winterize properly. So I am using his interior for the time being.

tpenfield

Staff member
Is this in Vermont and did the guy have the back seat to a Formula 382 there in the shop? :)

Last edited:

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander
Wow that's some kind of work there, I would be looking for a new line of work if that was the best I could do with vinyl work. I would expect this from a guy who just bought a sewing machine and went at it. This shop must not care about future business or reputation much, to actually try to offer this up as finished work. I would be kinda upset if my boat cushions came back looking like this. I hope you can get this fixed and your $$ back.

Turn-n-Burn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Is this in Vermont and did the guy have the back seat to a Formula 382 there in the shop? :)

nah, Buffalo,NY

Wow that's some kind of work there, I would be looking for a new line of work if that was the best I could do with vinyl work. I would expect this from a guy who just bought a sewing machine and went at it. This shop must not care about future business or reputation much, to actually try to offer this up as finished work. I would be kinda upset if my boat cushions came back looking like this. I hope you can get this fixed and your $$ back.

As of right now I am helping him advertise. :eyebrows:

tpenfield

Staff member
Wow . . . So, last week (or so) we had the guy in Vermont with the bad upholstery job and now we have one in Buffalo . . . :rolleyes: Perhaps there is an epidemic breaking out?

Tnstratofam

Commander
I have to say that's a lot of crooked sewing for someone who's been doing it for 30 years. Hope the redo isn't going to break the bank. By the way as I was watching the slide show of your interior the Admiral walked by and said " You're not buying those seats for our boat are you? They look like a 5 year old sewed them.." I told her no the ones I'm looking at are a different color.:D She wasn't impressed...:rolleyes:

MRS

Commander
:mad-new: Yikes I sewed my own never sewed before on a machine but practiced till it looked good and went for it. Have to say looks way better than what you got back they ripped you the reason why I sewed my own had a shop do the back piece of the boat cause was really in bad shape and when I got it back looked worse than yours does. :Cry: