1991Sea Ray 225 BR pressure water system operation

mstrianse

Cadet
Just purchased this boat and I'm looking for guidance on how to trouble shoot for operation. I can not get water to flow out of the sink or transom shower. Any ideas on how to test the system would be greatly appreciated. I don't have the operation manual for the system.

tpenfield

Staff member
Probably the kind that has a pressure pump. It cycles to keep the water system pressurized. Assuming that you have the Basics covered, like water tank filled, and circuit breaker switch on, then it could be that the pump has failed. If you hear the pump running continuously, then it could be indicative of a plumbing break somewhere.

mstrianse

Cadet
Thank you for your quick response. I'm going to see if I have voltage at the pump and also check the circuit breaker. I will report back my results..

mstrianse

Cadet
I had voltage at the pump. Took pump apart, turned out the motor was rusted frozen. Replaced with a new jabsco pump, repaired a cracked line and good to go. Thank you for all of your input and help.

mstrianse

Cadet
Had 12 volts at the pump. Turned out that pump motor was rusted frozen. Purchased a new Jabsco pump, repaired a cracked line and good to go. Thank you for all of your input and help. Next onto Bennett trim tabs!